Author Topic: Crimson 2 se Tom registers a rimshot when skin is hit  (Read 525 times)

Crimson 2 se Tom registers a rimshot when skin is hit
« on: April 10, 2021, 01:06:37 PM »
Hey folks!
I bought the crimson 2 se some eight weeks ago now from www.guitarguitar.com (uk)
Super happy with it until two weeks ago (I’ll keep this as brief as I can!)

The floor Tom started playing a rim shot (actually registering a rim shot, including midi) when the mesh was hit.
I phoned guitarguitar two weeks ago and reported the issue, and they have been utterly useless in getting this sorted

-I have reset to factory reset multiple times
- changing the lead over (another Tom) does the same thing but with that toms sound
-plugging the floor toms lead into another Tom results in the Tom playing correctly
-Nothing has been done to the Tom, no drops  etc-it has sat on the rack since I bought it.
-the issue started with it only occurring about 30-40% of the time, but over the past two weeks, the rim shot  now registers about 99% of the time.

- also: in the last week, most times when I turn the brain on, when I hit the snare mesh, the sound of the snare skin alternates between a snare and hi hat (indicating a brain issue) but, switching kits always fixes this new issue (to date)

I phoned Alesis directly- Alesis has told me as a good will gesture they would have sent me a new floor Tom but they have no stock, haven’t had stock in months and don’t know when stock will arrive. They also tell me they can not deal with this issue directly, and that I have to deal with guitarguitar. I have sent guitarguitar two videos showing the issues, and I have chased them on the phone some six times,  they tell me they are waiting for a reply from Alesis - Alesis claim they have not received ANY emails from guitarguitar regarding this issue (guitarguitar is adamant they HAVE sent them and have chased Alesis for a response)

So, long and short: I’m disgusted that this issue has arisen, and have found virtually NOTHING online about others having the same issue other than ONE guy who posted a video on YouTube
And I’m utterly appalled on how this issue has (not) been dealt with by both Alesis and the company I bought it from!

Anyone got any advice on both how to deal with the two companies involved - or how to fix/check this issue?

Many thanks y’all!

Offline DannyM

Re: Crimson 2 se Tom registers a rimshot when skin is hit
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 02:23:39 PM »
Hello,

You may have just gotten a  lemon, most off the Crimson kits have not been too many problems from what I have read

If you just purchased it from Guitar Center, I would return the kit & get my money back.
Once you get your money back, order it from Sweetwater.

They have been outstanding with any issues I have had on a purchase and they give you a two year warranty on purchases.
Every time I dealt with them it has been outstanding.
Don't give up, start new.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 02:53:20 PM »
Hello,

You may have just gotten a  lemon, most off the Crimson kits have not been too many problems from what I have read

If you just purchased it from Guitar Center, I would return the kit & get my money back.
Once you get your money back, order it from Sweetwater.

They have been outstanding with any issues I have had on a purchase and they give you a two year warranty on purchases.
Every time I dealt with them it has been outstanding.
Don't give up, start new.

Yeah, I haven’t come across that many issues with the kit while doing searches, which is why I took a gamble rather than spending more and going for a Roland.

I’m in the uk as stated, and because it’s over 30 days old, the company doesn’t have to give me my money back, they DO however, have to, by law, fix the issue. If they immediately said ‘send it to us mate, we’ll get it looked at, and if we can’t fix it we’ll replace it ASAP’ then, I wouldn’t be so annoyed, these things happen...but two weeks of chasing a company that ‘sound nice’ and ‘helpful’ on the phone, but don’t act is more than a little frustrating!
If it’s not resolved by the end of this coming week, I will have to do even more chasing, and by then, loose my cool, and start getting more aggressive and demanding.

I fail to understand why, as a consumer, I don’t have the choice of going directly to the manufacturer if I so choose? The laws were changed to give consumers more rights, but less choice on how to resolve an issue! ?

Offline DannyM

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 12:32:15 PM »
I understand the misery caused by people not honoring what they promised in a deal,

Perhaps you could reach out across the pond to the Alesis headquarters in the US to explain your situation and see if they can prod the UK Alesis group to do their job.

Europe puts a lot of money in their pocket and I would remind them it could damage their brand over there the more people are not helped with issues after spending hard earned Money.

Below is an email I received Friday from Alesis, I needed a 10 inch head replaced and the fellow there Andrew took care of me.

They a are a little behind due to the pandemic, but twice he has helped me and came through.

I would put in a Support request on the Alesis site, register your product first if you have not already, but then shoot him a line telling him your story,
You never know, you may get help.I hope so. They have always been helpful to me here in the US so I hope they can help you.

His contact information is at the bottom of the email.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 4:40 PM Andrew Devine <adevine@inmusicbrands.com> wrote:

Hi Danny,

Thank you for reaching out with this, apologies for not getting back to your previous message!

I've entered a Parts order to have a replacement 10" Mesh head sent out, Order #1150161

Best regards,

Andrew Devine
Parts Admin

inMusic
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ?lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | Head Rush | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | Marq Lighting | MixMeister | Numark| Rane | SONiVOX

e. adevine@inmusicbrands.com
p. (401) 658-3131
f. (401) 658-3654
www.inmusicbrands.com