Author Topic: Been a minute since I've been here...  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Joker47

Been a minute since I've been here...
« on: February 01, 2022, 06:47:59 PM »
Thought I'd share a couple pics of my kit I've slowly been putting it together over the last year. I'm pretty happy with what I have now, and may make one other change some time in the future. But, this is pretty much what I wanted to have.

Started with a DM10 MKii kit, replaced the bass pad with a full size, 22" shell and the Roland converter head; replaced and added cymbals from a Strike kit. Never could get the hi hat how I liked it, so switched to a set of Zildjian L-80's and mic'd them through a 12 channel mixer that the two Strike Pro modules go through as well. Then added a couple 8" Strike toms and replaced the snare with a Strike SE snare. Bass pedal is a Eclipse offset dual pedal. I am also using the original hi hat pedal from the DM10 MKii for adding in bells or tambourine sounds as needed/desired.

I suck, but I have been having an absolute blast with it. :-)

Hopefully in the near future, I'll have a video or two of me attempting to play covers. LOL

Thanks,
J
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou

Re: Been a minute since I've been here...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 01:07:29 AM »
That looks great!

I suck too, but at least we suck whilst playing a big kit 😁
Alesis Strike Pro SE, 2x expansion (tom/2 cymbals), 2nd Strike Module, Alesis Strike Multipad, Behringer eurorack 1804x, Antd Redfire 10

Offline stylazyn

Re: Been a minute since I've been here...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 06:09:22 AM »
That looks great!

I suck too, but at least we suck whilst playing a big kit 😁

Big kits are fun, but the longer you play, you realize less is more.