Author Topic: MYSTERY: Crimson II Stops Outputting Signal From Amp After Few Minutes Of Play  (Read 565 times)

Hi all, new poster here,

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but I figured this was a good place to start.

Recently my Roland PM-100 stopped playing sound from my Alesis Crimson II after a few minutes of playing. Turning the amp off and on again resolves the issue temporarily, but the amp will go quiet again after another few minutes of playing. Also noticed that the audible buzz of the signal through the speaker stops after a few seconds of no input, even though I haven’t read of any conservation mode for the PM-100.

I took the amp to a technician for repair, but he was unable to find any issues with the amp. The PM-100 did just fine with another Crimson II that I played on it with at my local music shop.

Here’s the tricky part: my Crimson II did just fine over a Vox guitar amp, and also works great through headphones, I can play for hours. So I checked to make sure I was using the proper cord (a line-level TRS), and tried but failed to find a way to update the firmware. Has anyone had issues similar to this, or have any suggestions for further troubleshooting.

Thanks all!