Author Topic: Adding a layer with strike pro  (Read 594 times)

Joker47

Adding a layer with strike pro
« on: August 07, 2021, 07:11:52 PM »
I’m trying to add a layer to my bass kick and snare voices. I looked on the web, and one spot said, “Press the ‘layer B’ button and add/edit the voice”
However, I don’t see any “layer B” button when editing on the module itself. It gives the options to EDIT the layer, but I can’t find how to add it.

Does it need to be done with the Editor? Or can it be done on the module itself?

I’m hoping this is a stupid easy question, and I’m just an idiot. 😂

Thanks,
J

Offline Chaser

Re: Adding a layer with strike pro
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 08:48:02 PM »
I’m trying to add a layer to my bass kick and snare voices. I looked on the web, and one spot said, “Press the ‘layer B’ button and add/edit the voice”
However, I don’t see any “layer B” button when editing on the module itself. It gives the options to EDIT the layer, but I can’t find how to add it.

Does it need to be done with the Editor? Or can it be done on the module itself?

I’m hoping this is a stupid easy question, and I’m just an idiot.

Thanks,
J

Turn Note Chase on if your at the kit or have triggers attached..
strike trigger..
If Note Chase is OFF..or no triggers attached
Use the cursors to select the Trig field in the upper-right corner, and turn the data dial to select the desired zone of a trigger.

Press Voice and then press F4/Inst.

Press  F1/Layer A or F2/Layer B to select the layer   

Press  F3/Preset to select an instrument from the Strike module’s internal instrument library
 or
Press  F4/User to select an instrument from the external SD Card 

Use the cursors to select the left panel—the instrument  categories.
Turn the data dial (or use the cursors) to scroll through the list and highlight/select one.(highlighted is selected/loaded)

Use the cursors to select the right panel—the instruments in that category.
Turn the data dial (or use the cursors) to scroll through the list to highlight/select one.(highlighted is selected/loaded)

Press Back....or hit another trigger

Don't Forget to Save...
There are 2 different Saves..one is for Trigger settings..one is for Kit..
Press Trigger (Trigger Mode)..then Press Save if you want to Store the Trigger settings..it's Yes or Cancel...
Press Kit (Kit mode)..Press Save..you'll be directed to a window for naming the User Kit..

EDIT: Added link..see page 12.. Editing Kits/Assigning Instruments

Alesis STRIKE Performance Module User Guide v1.5
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 09:30:43 PM by Chaser »

Joker47

Re: Adding a layer with strike pro
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 01:25:32 AM »
Chaser, thanks. That was perfect. I can’t believe how easy that really was. I was able to get a snare sound I like, and doesn’t sound like a popcorn machine. LOL

Thanks again, man. That was awesome. 🙂

Regards,
J