Author Topic: Problems with Strike Module display shutting off  (Read 1173 times)

Problems with Strike Module display shutting off
« on: July 25, 2021, 08:35:21 PM »
This weekend, I powered up my strike module.  It boots up, displays the Home Screen, then the display goes black and doesn’t come back on.  The module still functions and the pads/sounds all still work.  Just no display.  No matter how many times I re-boot, it behaves the same way.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so, any advice on how to fix it?
Strike Pro / DM-10 kit.  Using both modules, all Strike pads, supplemented with 3 8"DM-10 pads 2 DM-10 cymbals, and one extra 10" Strike Pad.  DrumTec Real Feel Heads

Offline Chaser

Re: Problems with Strike Module display shutting off
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 12:37:02 AM »
This weekend, I powered up my strike module.  It boots up, displays the Home Screen, then the display goes black and doesn’t come back on.  The module still functions and the pads/sounds all still work.  Just no display.  No matter how many times I re-boot, it behaves the same way.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so, any advice on how to fix it?

This may sound like a simple answer but the first thing to check is to make sure the contrast knob is not all the way to the left (counter clock wise).
I have known this to happen to quite a few as the knob gets knocked around when reaching to the back plugging/unplugging in MIDI cables , connecting the USB or removing/replacing the SD Card etc..

Re: Problems with Strike Module display shutting off
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 04:09:02 AM »
This may sound like a simple answer but the first thing to check is to make sure the contrast knob is not all the way to the left (counter clock wise).
I have known this to happen to quite a few as the knob gets knocked around when reaching to the back plugging/unplugging in MIDI cables , connecting the USB or removing/replacing the SD Card etc..

Holy Crap - don’t I feel like an idiot!  Didn’t even think to check the contrast knob.  That’s exactly what it was!  Thanks!  Much cheaper fix than I expected.
Strike Pro / DM-10 kit.  Using both modules, all Strike pads, supplemented with 3 8"DM-10 pads 2 DM-10 cymbals, and one extra 10" Strike Pad.  DrumTec Real Feel Heads