Author Topic: Creating whole drumset sr18  (Read 1246 times)

Creating whole drumset sr18
« on: June 06, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »
I am trying to create a complete new drumset on the SR18, but I only seem to be allowed to assign sounds to the 12 pads, not the whole set.  Am I missing something?  I do not use any patterns, the SR18 is just a module for Cubase to play, so I want to 'customise' an entire drumset.

Offline Chaser

Re: Creating whole drumset sr18
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 08:05:53 PM »
I am trying to create a complete new drumset on the SR18, but I only seem to be allowed to assign sounds to the 12 pads, not the whole set.  Am I missing something?  I do not use any patterns, the SR18 is just a module for Cubase to play, so I want to 'customise' an entire drumset.

I don't know what you mean by only allowed to assign to the 12 pads and not the whole set...The 12 pads are the whole set.

Each Pad has 3 layers that have MIDI assignments...you can't change the Bass  (attached)

Check MULTI-DRUMSET mode and see if that's what you are looking for..

Page 10  / MAP DRUM NOTES (NOTE MAP)
Within each Pattern, MIDI notes can either be mapped to 12 different sounds in NORMAL mode, or they can be mapped  to  any  of  five  drumset  groups  (User  Drumsets  00-09,  10-19,20-29,  30-39, etc  ) in MULTI-DRUMSET mode.
Any of these drumset groups can cover MIDI notes 000 through  119.
This makes the SR18 ideal for use as a drum sound module,triggered by either an electronic drum kit or set of electronic drum pads,or by notes from a sequencer.

SR18 REFERENCE MANUAL

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 10:29:45 AM »
Thanks for that.  I was not aware that the SR18 drum set was so small, being more used to keyboards/workstations/modules where almost the whole keyboard was mapped to one drum sound or another.  I was assuming that 12 of the sounds would be mapped to the pads for 'live' use, the rest being available for MIDI use.  I was wrong!!  For my purposes I can probably get away with 12 sounds in a set, knowing that I can always call up another set if I need more.   Thanks again for the help,  Bob.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 12:05:26 PM by rgmoore »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 11:53:58 AM »
It's been a lot of years since I had one of the SR drum machines..I had a SR-16 and sold it in the late 90's.
So when the SR-18 is placed into MULTI-DRUMSET mode..you have MIDI access to a group (10 User drumsets.. 00-09,  10-19,20-29,  30-39,  etc  ) but the pads themselves are shut off ?