Equipment > Drum Modules/Machines

Strike Module Custom Kits

(1/8) > >>

Hellfire:
WARNING! NO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY BE POSTED****WARNING! NO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY BE POSTED****

I decide to program a custom kit using the on board sounds of the Strike module. (see the attached .skt file)

To load this kit into your Strike module you will need to take out your SD card from your module (while it is turned off) and plug it into a PC or Mac. You should see a folder labeled "Kits". Drag and drop the file "Pure Acoustic.skt" into that folder. (which can be found at the bottom of this post, Remember you must be logged in to see the file.)

Once you have the kit copied to your SD card, you should be able to insert your SD card back into your Strike module. Press "F4" (USER) and you should see the kit "Pure Acoustic"

I designed this kit to use velocity switching on the snare rim and all the tom rims. Think of it like pseudo three zone triggers.  ;)
low velocity hits on the rims will give you a "Rim Hit". Harder velocity hits will give you a "Rim Shot".

Let me know what you guys think.

ChrisK:

--- Quote from: Hellfire on May 18, 2017, 03:50:08 PM ---

I designed this kit you use velocity switching on the snare rim and all the tom rims. Think of it like pseudo three zone triggers.  ;)
low velocity hits on the rims will give you a "Rim Hit". Harder velocity hits will give you a "Rim Shot".

--- End quote ---

Very nice Idea, did not thought about this.

Hellfire:

--- Quote from: ChrisK on May 18, 2017, 05:01:53 PM ---Very nice Idea, did not thought about this.

--- End quote ---

I may not be a drumming god like all the videos people seem to only care about right now, but I do understand drum modules and I hope I'm able to show people what is possible within the module itself. It's stuff like this that shows the advantage of edrums.

rhysT:

--- Quote from: Hellfire on May 18, 2017, 03:50:08 PM ---I decided to program a custom kit using the on board sounds of the Strike module. (see the attached .skt file)

To load this kit into your Strike module you will need to take out your SD card from your module (while it is turned off) and plug it into a PC or Mac. You should see a folder labeled "Kits". Drag and drop the file "Pure Acoustic.skt" into that folder. (which can be found at the bottom of this post, Remember you must be logged in to see the file.)

Once you have the kit copied to your SD card, you should be able to insert your SD card back into your Strike module. Press "F4" (USER) and you should see the kit "Pure Acoustic"

I designed this kit to use velocity switching on the snare rim and all the tom rims. Think of it like pseudo three zone triggers.  ;)

--- End quote ---

As the size of your tweaked user kit file is small (3KB) I assume it doesn't take much longer to load from SD than the original kit from internal memory.
Also is the instrument/kit editor required to add single or multi-layered external Wav samples into a preset/custom kit if the internal sampler files can be added to any kit currently?

FYI, this worksheet of the Strike kits & instrument combos should be useful for creating custom user kits:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P6G8XfAQ3YCki6nFo1eOsRVEb3LFixcsU9s4kCd_0do/edit?pli=1#gid=1096329833

Chaser:

--- Quote from: Hellfire on May 18, 2017, 03:50:08 PM ---I decide to program a custom kit using the on board sounds of the Strike module. (see the attached .skt file)

--- End quote ---

.skt ?
It may be just a coincidence
.skt was a "seek table information" file for "Shorten"..a program for one of the first for lossless audio file conversions (44100Hz 16bit..RAIFF , AIFF ,wav)  ,early-mid 1990's.back in the days when I had a studio and was going from tape to learning SAW studio..
 Softsound went out of business years and years ago..software abandoned....other formats won out such as FLAC...I may have a copy in my old database(I still have old recordings that were done on old machines and have yet to convert them.) It was cross platform.. a command line tool and barely made it to Windows from DOS to Win 95..maybe 98..but you still had to run it from the command prompt.It was supposed to able to return  the compressed audio file (.shn) back to original form...exactly.

You don't by chance see any files with the .shn extension?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version