Laboratory > VST, MIDI, & Recording

MIDI Map Presets - Addictive Drums 1/2 & Superior Drummer 2/3 (DM10 Studio Kit)

<< < (2/24) > >>

Trondster:
I'd guess that the module is triggering a heel splash, and that that sound is mapped to a crash sound in your VST.

How does the edge sound on the module?

Always debug the triggering on the module first. :)

Met:
@Trondster,
Thanks for pointing that out as indeed the heel splash was not mapped but was left as default as i rarely use it and am sure not much being used by other users as well.
All in all, that should be an easy fix.

as for the ride, the problem must be identified first.
also make sure problems with crosstalk are set well.

MechanEvil:
Heya,
Sorry for being unclear, I use Superior Drummer 2.0. I can use the edge on the module without issues. Middle of the night here, so I'll check in the morning that I didn't switch it to 2-zone mode. As for the hi-hat pedal, I'm at a loss. I don't see how it could be cross talk because I'm stepping on the controller. The rack isn't shaking either.
Weird thing is, I thought if I deactivate the offending cymbal in Superior, I wouldn't hear that crash. But after I did that, the crash that I've mapped one of my cymbals to started triggering instead! I even tried deleting all learned notes and relearning em, but no banana. What's more, sometimes I get the chick, but more often it's the crash sound. Another thing: I'm trying this out on a new pc. When I struck the ride edge on the old one, I'd get a hi-hat splash. Ridiculous, I know, but I just can't figure it out for myself. Come to think of it, the ride edge was working when I played a couple of days ago through the pc. And if I remember correctly, there was that hi-hat splash going.
Will run a diagnostic tomorrow to see if I can decipher the ride mystery. But someone's gonna have to troubleshoot the hi-hat, I just can't figure it out. On the keyboard map, hitting the hi-hat and hitting the crash registers different notes. Let me see if stepping on the controller sends the same note, I haven't done my homework today. Suggestions in the interim are welcome.
Cheers, lads!
- Jimmy

vaikl:
Jimmy, just an idea: Look onto the keymap in SD if there are more than only one key which will be triggered if you doing a chick on the hihat pedal. Depending on the drum software and the mapping templates there could be double or triple assignments of notes.

MechanEvil:
OMG,I think the edge piezo on my ride is spoilt. Checked the kit this morning and it doesn't trigger. I tried switching the cables around and I could trigger the edge where I would normally play the bell. I can also use the bow. Any ideas on anything I should try out to get it to work?
Vaikl, will do that and let you know. What a godawful morning.

- Jimmy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version