Author Topic: VST audio back to the DM10?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Dobly

VST audio back to the DM10?
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:19:36 PM »

In this video below the chap from channel 65 Drums is talking about a new laptop vs and older slower one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4cd1FArAtU&t=310s

In that video he mentions that one can get the lowest latency when triggering Addictive Drums or one of the other drums VST solutions , if you pass the audio from the software back to the module. Once done you just run the main out of the module. Could not be simpler. If it worked.

I hooked my DM10 into the laptop. I ran AD2 and in the midi/audio setup page I can see the DM10 as a mini input. But cannot see any option to route the audio back to the module. I set up a kit at position 160 in the DM10 and set every instrument to NONE.. But there was no audio coming out of the headphone jack on the DM10.

Has anyone tried this got it working with any module?

Offline korakios

Re: VST audio back to the DM10?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:28:10 AM »
Hi,
65 Drums on 3:14 is wrong. Most modules have usb midi interfaces but that doesn't mean it the modules can route audio as well. On Windows plug-and-play usb-midi interfaces are reported as generic 'usb audio' devices ,so he may got confused.

So, you need a soundcard that can play on low latency.  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:07:57 PM by korakios »

Offline Dobly

Re: VST audio back to the DM10?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 06:52:21 PM »
Cool. Thanks for clearing that up korakios. I have a Focusrite 2i4 already. It works great.  Just would have been nice to not have to use if the module could do it better (as 65 Drums had mistakenly claimed).