Author Topic: Alesis Command Kit stops working with EZ Drummer and Superior Drummer randomly.  (Read 3118 times)

Hi all! I just found this forum (and I'm glad I did), and I just thought I'd post my issue on here to see if any other fellow Alesis users could help me out.

I've run into a problem with my Alesis Command Kit. I'm running it to my PC via the MIDI USB, and using ASIO4ALL drivers. Everything works great on both EZ and Superior Drummer 2, in both standalone and in my DAW. But only for a few minutes. It'll randomly die and I have to restart all my programs all over again.

I've tried using various USB ports (both USB2.0 and 3.0) and I've used various cables and nothing works.

This does not happen when using the module itself. Only when trying to use it with EZ Drummer 2 and Superior Drummer 2. This is extremely frustrating, as I really enjoy the sounds from these VST's a lot more than the ones in the module. I'm running Windows 10 at the moment.

If anyone could help with this that would be fantastic! If there's anything else you need to know about my setup, feel free to ask!

Offline Chaser

Hi all! I just found this forum (and I'm glad I did), and I just thought I'd post my issue on here to see if any other fellow Alesis users could help me out.

I've run into a problem with my Alesis Command Kit. I'm running it to my PC via the MIDI USB, and using ASIO4ALL drivers. Everything works great on both EZ and Superior Drummer 2, in both standalone and in my DAW. But only for a few minutes. It'll randomly die and I have to restart all my programs all over again.

I've tried using various USB ports (both USB2.0 and 3.0) and I've used various cables and nothing works.

This does not happen when using the module itself. Only when trying to use it with EZ Drummer 2 and Superior Drummer 2. This is extremely frustrating, as I really enjoy the sounds from these VST's a lot more than the ones in the module. I'm running Windows 10 at the moment.

If anyone could help with this that would be fantastic! If there's anything else you need to know about my setup, feel free to ask!

It sounds like the ports are being suspended...try changing your power plan.
Windows 10.. In the advanced power profile settings...USB Settings.. .Disable Selective Suspend

Hi! Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, I already had this disabled. If you've got any other ideas, feel free to reply!

Looks like I'm out of luck. Everything seems to be working fine on another PC that I tried. Unfortunately that PC is not powerful enough to handle EZ Drummer 2 with low latency. I guess I'll just have to keep using the sounds on the module until it sorts itself out. The sounds aren't particularly bad, but I was hoping to get this working to further my progress, as Reaper allows me to play along to songs and slow them down and stuff like that. And it would've also allowed me to record. Oh well  :-\.