Author Topic: SAMPLEPAD KIT EDITOR  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Chaser

SAMPLEPAD KIT EDITOR
« on: January 27, 2020, 08:44:47 PM »
The Open Source Editor for the Samplepad was released in the last week.

Samplepad Kit Editor is currently prerelease and has been tested/working with the Samplerack also.

Samplepad Kit Editor

Offline Den

Re: SAMPLEPAD KIT EDITOR
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 02:52:25 PM »
Hi Chaser, Last year I bought a secondhand SampleRack and am using it with my Alesis DM10 MKII Pro kit using a midi cable and one dedicated MKIIPro user kit.
I saw today your post about the SamplePad Kit Editor and have downloaded it to use with my SampleRack.
Would you be able to answer a few questions re: using a Samplerack please.
1)I have my user kits saved to an SD card but the user manual is not very helpful regarding saving the internal kits to an SD card.
I would like to change the SampleRack internal kits and have been able to save the changes so far made to internal Kit 1 but the manual does not say how to save those kits to an SD card. Is this possible?
2) what does a global save do when done with or without an sd card inserted?
3) what does a backup do?
Thanks, Den

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 06:42:25 PM »
I haven't had a Samplerack for over 4 years.I believe the module only created a kit folder on the card for storing kit files.
I don't remeber ever seeing a complete settings  or trigger backup file.
This editor would have come in handy especially with the unique feature of having the ability to create and audition complete kits without having the Samplerack connected to a computer.The editor allows create everything and test it with any MIDI controller connected.

Hi Chaser, Last year I bought a secondhand SampleRack and am using it with my Alesis DM10 MKII Pro kit using a midi cable and one dedicated MKIIPro user kit.
I saw today your post about the SamplePad Kit Editor and have downloaded it to use with my SampleRack.
Would you be able to answer a few questions re: using a Samplerack please.
1)I have my user kits saved to an SD card but the user manual is not very helpful regarding saving the internal kits to an SD card.
I would like to change the SampleRack internal kits and have been able to save the changes so far made to internal Kit 1 but the manual does not say how to save those kits to an SD card. Is this possible?

You can only save the .kit files

2) what does a global save do when done with or without an sd card inserted?

Global save is so you can save all the edits you have currently done as when you power off/on the module defaults back to factory otherwise the edits only save for the kit when you save it.

3) what does a backup do?

Backs up ALL user kits instead of saving one kit at a time..

Drum module and software developers/manufacturers don't allow export of the internal wav samples , they have too much time and money to allow them to get distributed in the wild..an exeption would be KONTAKT as you can do a Batch save and don't compress.
The companies that do offer a sample backup usually have it so it's a proprietary file.The latest update for the STRIKE Multipad allows a backup including the samples but it's proprietary and of the entire bank. Users complained about not being able to have an emergency backup in case the SMP failed on Tour etc.

Offline Den

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 07:02:51 AM »
Thanks Chaser