Author Topic: MIDI Map Presets - Addictive Drums 1/2 & Superior Drummer 2/3 (DM10 Studio Kit)  (Read 99829 times)

Offline vaikl

Re: Midi Mappings For Addictive Drums and Superior Drummer With DM10 Studio Kit
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »
i read somewhere  Toontrack has to convert expansions to Alesis DM10 is that true ?

No. The same had been told about FXpansion some years ago and nothing happened. Sonivox as the producer of the BluJay soundset is now a family member of inMusic (AKAI/Numark/Alesis...).

Offline Trondster

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »
thanks guys i'm done .. it doesn't work with my drumkit .. i'm gonna record without choke then i'm gonna change the note of the opened cybal with the choke.. so disappointed.
 i read somewhere  Toontrack has to convert expansions to Alesis DM10 is that true ?
That Toontrack has to make special expansion sets to get them to work with the Dm10? No.

The main crash is by default sent as note #49 (0x31, C# 3) - the main crash choke as note #34 (0x22, Bb 1).

Here is the MIDI-OX log from me first hitting the crash and then using the choke:
Code: [Select]
TIMESTAMP IN PORT STATUS DATA1 DATA2 CHAN NOTE EVENT
00032E16   2  --     99    31    48   10  C# 3 Note On
00032E1C   2  --     89    31    00   10  C# 3 Note Off
00033254   2  --     99    22    7F   10  Bb 1 Note On
0003325A   2  --     89    22    00   10  Bb 1 Note Off
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2014, 02:02:18 PM »
Trondster, is it as easy to just press "learn",  then hit the cymbal and choke it or does it just learn the hit and I will have to assign the choke afterward. Just clarifying.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:00:01 PM by Th3R00st3r »
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »
ok, let me try for the last time...
from scratch.. i do open superior drummer i do select (ex.) Toontrack Metal Machine ..

i select a new kit example n°60 (i got BlueJay on my module so N° 60 is empty)
and i assign sounds to the pads in this way:
 i select Kick  and i write
36 in the Key gap then i press LEARN,
38 for the Snare  //,
40 for the rimshot //,
46 HI Hat etc etc //,
Crash 1 i select 49 then LEARN...
what else?
i'm doing the same for the choke
i select Crash 1 ,then, on the right hand side  MUTE ,then  i write 34 in the KEY gap and i click LEARN
is that right? ( i delete all old keys .. anyway i tried keeping the keys as well)
do i have to setup something in the module? in that case cuold you explain what ?

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2014, 03:04:53 PM »
I just saw your post over on toontrack. If you get a solution from there, would you please provide it? thanks!
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2014, 03:06:58 PM »
from scratch.. i do open superior drummer i do select (ex.) Toontrack Metal Machine ..

Just curious.. Did you *ever* read the SuperiorDrummer manual, especially "7. Live Applications", page 46 and following????

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »
Here's the manual if you don't have one.
http://www.toontrack.com/updates/manuals/Superior_Drummer_Operation_Manual.pdf
Do a find for articulation and read all the areas it finds. I actually learned a few new things about SD doing this that I didn't know before.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:09:46 PM by Th3R00st3r »

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »
Here's the manual if you don't have one.
http://www.toontrack.com/updates/manuals/Superior_Drummer_Operation_Manual.pdf
Do a find for articulation and read all the areas it finds. I actually learned a few new things about SD doing this that I didn't know before.

thank you very muck i didn't have one

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »

Just curious.. Did you *ever* read the SuperiorDrummer manual, especially "7. Live Applications", page 46 and following????
no, i didn't have one , anyway i tried already doing that at it doesn't work .
manual says :
7.5 Cymbal “Chokes”
Superior Drummer® can automatically treat your module Key Aftertouch messages to choke a cymbal.
To enable this function for a particular cymbal. please proceed as follows:
1. Select the appropriate Cymbal ‘Crash’ Articulation
2. Switch the ‘Edit Articulation Only’ filter ON
3. Enable Envelope section
4. Toggle the switch to the far right to Aftertouch
5. Set the ‘release’ and ‘hold’ parameters to taste

Step 1) Select the appropriate Cymbal "Crash"Articulation ..
which one is the "Appropriate"?
as i wrote already , i select a crash 1 sound and i put Note N° 49 and LEARN , then i switch Edit Articulation Only" on , enable Envelope , and Aftertouch ..and then? should i put Note N° 34 in the Key gap? and how many ms.?

Offline vaikl

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »
adisagio, because the DM10 doesn't send key aftertouch messages (read it on page 35 of its manual in the MIDI implementation table), my guess was actually that you'll carefully read the parts in the SD manual about the MIDI learn function itself, just to avoid manual input of MIDI note numbers - which will overwrite afterwards what SD has learned before.

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »
adisagio, because the DM10 doesn't send key aftertouch messages (read it on page 35 of its manual in the MIDI implementation table), my guess was actually that you'll carefully read the parts in the SD manual about the MIDI learn function itself, just to avoid manual input of MIDI note numbers - which will overwrite afterwards what SD has learned before.
i found the solution here , it works also if not all the time. http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=965.0

I use Addictive Drums and I have the same problem. I can't figure out how to choke my cymbals. The manual is pretty vague on the subject. Any advice from anyone??
Have a good time all the time!

Offline Trondster

DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Hi, I have just moved onto AD2 but can't get the meteoracp ADmap to show up in the browser.
I placed them in the same place as previously C:local disk/users/"username"/documents/Addictive Drums 2/User Maps
But no joy when I open the program. Only the default maps show up. I have read the AD2 manual on the section on mapping and it doesn't say how custom maps can be loaded, though it does allow saving of custom maps which I presume go into the User Maps folder.
Any ideas?   

OK, you have to rename the file "AD2map". I'll report back later if the mapping still works.

Offline Met

AD2 does not work nicely with files taken from AD1 which is bound to cause instability and errors, you'll have to treat AD2 as a new program.

AD2 uses .AD2map files for its MIDI Mappings and the directory for Windows will be something like:

Documents\Addictive Drums 2\-1\(Your Mappings Here).

Just select the "DM10" MAP PRESET in AD2 do some fine adjustments to suit your needs and Save it.

Thanks for the heads up. I tried the renaming thing but as you say it caused errors. I have selected DM10 in the presets but its way out of whack with it's mapping. Oh well, best get busy.

« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2016, 05:01:39 PM »
I apologize if this has been covered in another thread, I didn't find the exact scenario. I have a DM10 X with a 4th TOM and a total of 2 14inch cymbal and 1 16 inch symbol. Seems to be working in Addictive drums 2, with the exception of the 16 inch cymbal(Ride2 cable) and 4th TOM(TOM4 cable). I have to manually ad those on every sample (which is oh so painful) Is there an update or map file I could use that would map all of these with the kits present in AD2 ? Thanks!

Offline AlanK

« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2016, 06:22:44 PM »
You have to add the extra items in the default DM10X mapping in AD2.. for the extra cymbals I think AD has at least 4 available.. click on the 3rd or 4th crash and select Learn, then hit the cymbal you want to be 3rd.. do the same for 4th. Same setup for the 4th tom, use the Learn function. If you have more toms than it has built in, you can click on one of the Flex selections and do a Learn for  the head and rim. Once you've got them all set up, save the mappings as your default DM10X map (you can select overwrite) and make sure it's the mapping that you have set to run as default at startup.

It'll be standard for each kit for your cymbals and toms up to four each, I believe.. the ones you had to program as Flex you do unfortunately have to modify each kit to use them.. but you can save the setups as User preset kits so you can call them up anytime
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Met

MIDI Map Presets - Addictive Drums 1/2 & Superior Drummer 2/3 (DM10 Studio Kit)
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2018, 05:15:22 PM »
Thread has been updated to include Addictive Drums 2 and Superior Drummer 3 MIDI Map Presets.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:45:41 PM by Met »