Author Topic: new dm10 pro mk2 -- bass and crash2 issues.  (Read 1318 times)

new dm10 pro mk2 -- bass and crash2 issues.
« on: March 21, 2018, 02:37:55 PM »
i recently purchased the dm10 pro mk2.  everything is baller now after configuring a few things, but there's 2 outstanding issues i believe are hardware-related.

1)  the bass drum is very sensitive near the bottom edge, but very low/insensitive in the middle area and elsewhere.  tapping the bass pad with a drum stick easily confirms this.

2)  crash 1's bow is equally sensitive across the entire bow area of the pad.  crash 2's bow is very sensitive in the middle section and drops to near nothing on the two outer sides of the bow area.

is it easy to disassemble these to confirm a connection/hardware issue, or should i just roll into an alesis service issue proper?
thanks!

Offline Purpledc

Re: new dm10 pro mk2 -- bass and crash2 issues.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »

The cymbal I have no idea.  But the bass drum from what I remember is designed in such a way that it will be more sensitive lower on the drum but is still designed for it to be triggered in the center with your beaters.   I had that kit briefly and thought the same thing but found I still got the best performance in the center.

Offline Dobly

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 11:16:39 PM »
1)  the bass drum is very sensitive near the bottom edge, but very low/insensitive in the middle area and elsewhere.  tapping the bass pad with a drum stick easily confirms this.
This would only matter if your bass drum beater played different parts of the head. :)

Seriously however you'll find most likely that the piezo that detects your hits is down under the beater.

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 10:56:30 AM »
I have only had my kit for a few weeks and continue to learn......I have played with the voice and  trigger settings on the crash cymbals and have greatly improved their performance.  I have my bass beater centered and have not had to do much on its settings.  So far I love the kit. I have played acoustic forever and use this for practice...Am trying to make it as close sounding to my acoustic as possible since for gigs will still use it.

This forum is pretty good, hopefully more people will get this kit and we can learn more.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 07:43:51 AM »

FYI - the attached pic of a  DM10 mesh kick pad shows a foam/rubber backing block to absorb the pedal beater/s impact and protect the offset mounted piezo sensor. If the Mk2 pro kick pad  is similar then it could be worth checking the sensor 'column' to see if it's leaning.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 07:31:32 PM by rhysT »