Author Topic: DM10 Questions HELP!  (Read 2487 times)

DM10 Questions HELP!
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:44:14 AM »
hey there i am a new user to this site and wish i had found this before i brought the dm10

Just wondering a few things

When you buy the dm10 what comes in the box?

How do you upload your own sounds as it says that it does?
^ can you create you own kits?

I want to basicly use this module to trigger kick drum sounds live so would like to upload my own kick and snare sounds to this module ...
will i be able to do this?

thanks for your time...

Offline Tsints

Re: DM10 Questions HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:16:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  ;)

Check the FAQs section of the Alesis DM10 page --> here.

There are currently no new sound sets for the module, although Alesis says that they are working with some companies on custom sets.
Time will tell...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 08:24:12 AM by Tsints »

Offline Hellfire

Re: DM10 Questions HELP!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:26:54 AM »
hey there i am a new user to this site and wish i had found this before i brought the dm10

Just wondering a few things

When you buy the dm10 what comes in the box?

How do you upload your own sounds as it says that it does?
^ can you create you own kits?

I want to basicly use this module to trigger kick drum sounds live so would like to upload my own kick and snare sounds to this module ...
will i be able to do this?

thanks for your time...
First off, welcome to the forum. Please keep in mind that posting your question twice will not get it answered any more quickly. Since your topics had the same question, I deleted the one that had no responses.

When you buy a DM10 you get the module a power adapter, USB cable (I believe) and some manuals. You CAN NOT upload your own sounds to the module. I don't know where you heard that.  Alesis does state that you can upload new sound sets but none have been released as of yet.

You can trigger kick drum and snare drum sounds that are built in but you can not upload your own. The DM10 has many ways to modify the internal sounds so, I sure you will be able to find one that is very close to what you want.

You can create your own kits using the internal sounds in the module. If you want a good set of videos to show what the DM10 can do, you might want to try here:

Alesis DM10 Pro Kit – Video Review

Again, welcome to the forum.