Author Topic: Index for the "unexplained" DM10  (Read 1545 times)

Index for the "unexplained" DM10
« on: June 03, 2012, 12:32:14 PM »
Hi everyone  :) In a reply I posted the other day regarding how the metronome  beat is changed, the thought occurred to me that as there are a lot of function issues either poorly or not explained at all in the DM10 manual, how about we have an index on here so that we dont have to search through the site or put repeat posts for the same thing on here?
   I'm sure it would be of immense value to users new and old who suddenly find they dont know how to adjust this or set that!
There must be dozens of helpfull tips that could be catalogued, and put in one simple to use place.
    If anyone knows how this could be done and could take it on, they would become an instant DMdrummer hero!!! ;D

Offline vaikl

Re: Index for the "unexplained" DM10
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »
Sounds like the "DM10 Bible", eh? ;) Very good idea, indeed!

Maybe one could make the same thing as I have done with the Drum VST database thread - just a posting with structured text and some useful text formatting, which you could copy and paste to expand it for new entries so that it's not necessary to write *all* knowledge in one try. We could make it then sticky.

Re: Index for the "unexplained" DM10
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »
Yes, what I had in mind, was listing items as in the manual but only list whats missing. For example:- page 28 METRONOME-  to alter the tempo press the DRUM KIT button, select kit required, hold down the TAP TEMPO key, rotate VALUE DIAL to the tempo you want.

Make it easily editable but not where everyone can just post on it and make it confusing, it would need to be controlled.
   Personally Ive learned a lot from this site but had to trawl through  the search items to find simple answers. Also there are many repeat posts looking for previously answered questions, it would certainly help new members get so much more from their kits quickly.
   I would do it but I'm not that computer savvy to know how to go about collating all the info and then how to put it on here. So if someone feels brave, the position is open  ;)