Author Topic: RIDE ISSUE  (Read 3012 times)

RIDE ISSUE
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:19:10 AM »
HELLO ALL.  I HAVE A DM8 PRO KIT, USING THE RIDE IN DUAL ZONE.  IF I AM NOT VERY CAREFUL ABOUT WHERE AND HOW I HIT IT, I GET A NASTY, LOUD "CLANG" SOUND.  I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT CYMBALS, SOUND SETTINGS, TENSION ON THE NUT.... ANY IDEAS OR THIS IS NORMAL?  I HAVE HAD THE KIT FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND I MUST GET THESE BUGS WORKED OUT BEFORE I GO BACK TO ACOUSTIC.  THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!!!

Re: RIDE ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 11:43:29 AM »
sounds like the ride bell. The ride cymbal is really cross-talky, as I get a lot of ride bell too. Personally, I never use the bell, so I go in and note chase>ride bell, and turn the volume down to zero. Either that, or I disable the 3 zone ride function all together.

If you want to keep it on, you should probably alter the xtalk on the trigger. I don't remember whether to raise or lower the xtalk value, but I'm kind of a Gordian Knot type of guy; simple, painful solutions.
DM8 pro!

Offline Trondster

Re: RIDE ISSUE
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:44:32 AM »
PLEASE WRITE IN LOWER CASE - we can hear you just fine. ;)

Are you sure you have set the ride as two and not three zone? As a three zone ride there is a third "edge" zone, in addition to the bow and bell.

If you find the edge zone to be triggered too easily - try lowering the sensitivity on the bow and bell of the ride.

Or - if it is the bell vs bow - try increasing the zone xtalk and lowering the sensitivity of the offending zone.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:46:13 AM by Trondster »
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.