Author Topic: New Alesis NAMM stuff!!!  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Hellfire

Offline Guinness

Re: New Alesis NAMM stuff!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 02:55:17 PM »
I haven't looked yet... this is on Alesis's site?  DM10 sold separately now?

The studio set looks good.  i wonder if it would come with surge cymbals too.  I'll hit up their site.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:30:00 PM by Guinness »

Offline goony

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »
looks interesting!!!
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 03:31:27 PM »

Offline mazzith

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 06:17:18 PM »
After looking at it, the studio kit appears to be the exact same thing as the DM10 pro but with a few changes:

• Pro: 1 extra 8 inch tom
  • Pro: Extra bracing to the drum rack bars on sides.
  • Con: Comes with 4 8inch and 1 10inch pads vs 2 8inch and 2 10inch
  • Con: 1 extra cymbal but not surge cymbals (downgrade imo)
  • Con: Rack has clamps and single north south bar for cymbals vs stand cymbal mount that adjusts up/down and front to back and placed in the legs not on the rack
  • Indifferent: black chrome rack vs standard chrome
I am not sure what difference it will make but the cymbals appear to be stiff as they are not riding on the felt like the surge cymbals. Appears to be plastic with little give / play and would lack the true cymbal feel. (not sure about this one, having to guess really)

I would have to say that in all I would consider this a downgrade vs DM 10 pro. I guess it all comes down to how they price it if it is overall pro / con.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:23:02 PM by mazzith »
Lets go Cowboys!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »
Also, it looks like the rack is the same as the DM5 pro kit.  In which case, the brackets are plastic (and you need a key..  not quick release).
But I had that rack and it was pretty solid.

Plastic vs surge isn't a big deal to me, as long as they perform the same.  I imagine the plastic cymbals are accoustically quieter.

I'd like getting the additional drum head... even at the expense of one 10-inch... and the extra cym too.

Offline mazzith

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »
I really was impressed with the surge cymbals. I thought they be loud but they are not. Instead of being a thud like the heads its more of a click but still I rather have them over plastic because the bounce and feel is a lot better.

The thing is a You can get a dual zone 8 inch for like 70-80 bucks, not sure about the 10 inch though.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:02:55 PM by mazzith »
Lets go Cowboys!

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 11:46:22 PM »
Damn this is great news! Now I can upgrade my DM5 with Surge Cymbals kit's brain to the DM10! I was so sad when the DM10 came out cause I had just bought the DM5 kit with surge cymbals when it was coming out (actually had it on pre-order for a while) and never really liked how the DM5 sounded, but the DM10 is so amazing. Cant wait to get my hands on it!

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:06:13 AM »
It's cool that they are offering the DM10 by itself, but they need to offer the hi-hat control pedal as well. The DM10 can only handle a variable hi-hat controller (the DM5 one will not work at all!). If they don't offer their variable controller, people will need to by a Roland FD-7 or FD-8 (or Hart, or Pintech) type hi-hat controller.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!! DM-10 standalone!!!
Or should I get the RedBox?  ;D
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 10:59:04 PM »
DM-10, Pearl won't be offering the RED box anytime soon by itself. ;)

Offline ghostman

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 10:15:36 PM »
DM-10, Pearl won't be offering the RED box anytime soon by itself. ;)

I figured that, it was mostly a tongue-in-cheek question.  I've already emailed Erik at RMC.. let's see what this sucker will cost me.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 07:56:25 PM »
i belive the dm10 will go around 599 which isnt a bad price
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity