Author Topic: Got my new DM10X all setup  (Read 2040 times)

Got my new DM10X all setup
« on: January 23, 2016, 11:35:18 AM »
Yeah, I'm loving it. I will be doing the 682 mesh head conversion in the future, but I don't mind the Mylar heads too much. A little noisy, a little slow on the bounce back, but definitely a big step above my old DM8 USB.

Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/zytJE

Re: Got my new DM10X all setup
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 11:03:45 PM »
Legal,

Very nice kit, when you convert to the mesh it will seem like a whole new level of play ability. I have the the DM10 studio mesh kit and love the way it feels. In the pics I see your using double bass, I cant tell but, if you are using the felt side of the beaters you will want to use the plastic side of those when you convert to mesh heads. Felt will wear out mesh very quickly.  Just FYI

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:25:48 PM »
I was so undecided between the mesh and the mylar, it was a hard decision. The mesh kit is $125, so I consider that fairly cheap. I'll convert maybe in 6 months. My wife is pretty tired of my expensive hobbies.

I am so happy, I finally got Reaper and Addictive Drums 2 working today. Had to do a bit of googling, and found most of the info here and noterepeat.com . I'm using USB for right now and in Reaper it causes a lot of latency on my laptop. I may end up moving my desktop down there, but it still don't have a stand-alone audio card which sucks. Would using a midi to usb convertor work better?

Thanks for the tip as well.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 10:43:14 AM »
Im not sure if midi to usb converter would make a difference. Maybe one of the other members on the site could tell you.
I dont use Reaper for my DAW, but you are using ASIO driver? The ASIO driver makes a huge difference. Check your audio buffer settings, mine is set at 128, and 256 samples for real time triggering.
Try using your desktop computer first before buying a converter and see if that works. Nothing like spending money on something you dont need.

Im using a desktop computer with the usb connection, Toontrack solo and Superior Drummer 2.0.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:02:46 PM by Drum key »

Offline Trondster

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 10:48:32 AM »
The latency is not interpreting MIDI - the latency is in your audio card. Try using ASIO drivers for your card if available or ASIO4ALL. Experiment and set the buffer size as low as possible without audible pops and cracks.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 12:14:04 PM »
I continued looking for answers last night and found information on the ASIO4ALL drivers and downloaded it. I just finished installing and testing and it works awesome. Very little latency at all at 256 samples. Not even really noticeable.

Thanks for the help guys. Happy rocking!