Author Topic: First Live Gig with dm10x mesh  (Read 2947 times)

First Live Gig with dm10x mesh
« on: January 19, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »
Hello everyone, my first post of hopefully many.  I just had my first gig with the dm10x mesh!  I have had it for about a month.  So after I crapped my pants it went really well!  Here is the heart attack part.  I got to the gig way earlier than usual because I wanted to account for things going wrong and boy did they!  I got the unit set up at the small bar we were playing at.  Feeling pretty good about everything.  Plugged in my headphones to go over some stuff and ... nothing.  I looked over at the unit and had a lit but blank screen with all of my led's blinking!!!!!  Ok lets restart it.  NOPE!  Same thing. Unplug everything.  Nope.  Look online.  NOTHING.  Call the support center for sweetwater.  NOPE. An hour goes by.  Still doing everything I can think of.  Factory reset... NOPE.  I start making calls for someone to grab my acoustic set.  My guitarist tells me to go get a drink and come back.  Insists that its going to be something small and stupid (like it always is for him.)  I walk away... its 40 minutes until we are supposed to start playing.  I come back, sit, think.  I have a "more me" headphone unit (which is going back by the way because it SUCKS.)  It has a power pack similar to the dm10 unit so I loo at it.  Apparently both ac power packs fit the DM10.  I switch the power unit, the screen lights up and the drums are in full effect.  20 minutes till showtime.  Oh but wait I had done a factory reset!!!!  20 minutes to reprogram as much as I can!!!  Everything was flawless for the rest of the evening.  Well except that the in ear mix was too quite for me to hear myself to I had one headphone in one ear from the monitor mix and one headphone in directly from the module!!  It worked surprisingly well!
Jay

Offline Th3R00st3r

Re: First Live Gig with dm10x mesh
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:41:16 PM »
Glad you were able to get it to work. Sucks you had to do all that before checking the power cable.
Is there a recording of the performance?
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 03:25:27 PM »
The Dm10 power supply is special in deed - it is AC/AC, and a regular AC/DC power supply won't work.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 05:32:39 PM »
Is there a recording of the performance?
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 10:55:14 AM »
Not this time, I wasted al my time trying to get it to work and didn't have time to set up a camera.  Next time.

Offline bmealer

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 12:58:58 AM »
Glad you got it worked out before the gig started!   :o
Alesis DM10-X, Remo Silent Stroke mesh heads, 682drums cone conversion, Tama Speed Cobra double pedal, Pork Pie Big Boy Drum Throne, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones, PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL, Studio One Producer, Superior Drummer 2

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 11:27:18 PM »
Man, that is cutting it so fine. you must have been freaking out!!!

Glad it worked out well for you in the end :)

M@

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 12:24:30 AM »
Yeah, shitting bricks!  Lucky the venue was 5 minutes from my house in case the was a problem.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 12:40:14 PM »
i was looking into live gigs but my 1st question would be how to quickly transport my kit?what i mean is i am pretty sure you do not break it down like it was in the box from the factory!

Offline AlanK

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 04:13:11 PM »
I've never moved my DM10X but what I'd do, and what I did with my first e-kit, remove the drums and cymbals, put them in some kinda protective sleeves/bags and maybe into a plastic bin.. remove module, wrap the whole set of cables around it, put in protective bag, into bin and then hide booms into shafts, drop them down as far as they go, and loosen the two inner post clamps a bit, fold in three way. Then you can put the frame folded up into car/van and have a bin with the pads and module.. of course you'd need to pack up your pedals (or hi hat stand if you've got the Pro X).
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Sal

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 09:38:47 AM »
What about tambourine bags? Those would seem to be the approximate size you'd want got the pads, right?

I feel like the module would need something beefier.

Of course, Drum-Tec has a whole section for cases: http://www.drum-tec.de/accessories-bagscases-c-63_73.html
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »
Those would do for sure.. I've got a couple of drawstring bags from cymbals I've bought, plus we have 20 fabric store bags from all the shopping outlets.. I use those sometimes. I just transported one of my modules in the original box it came in.. only thing was I was too lazy to take off the post mount from the bottom, so the box had a noticeable bulge to it but I got it to close lol
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Sal

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:48 AM »
a noticeable bulge

Title of your sex tape?
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 03:42:06 PM »
That's what SHE said???

Offline Sal

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 03:46:04 PM »
I gotta source my joke. Plus it's an opportunity to see all of them strung together. Thanks, Brooklyn 99!

https://youtu.be/unwvzLp5g3w

Offline AlanK

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 09:12:29 AM »
Hahahahah that was hilarious

(ok, we've really hijacked this thread)

Offline Sal

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 10:45:09 AM »
And thus my reintroduction to the forum is complete.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 08:49:26 AM »
I take off cymbals and drums, fold the rack and lay it module up in the back of my hhr.  I packed all the cymbals drums and pedals into a rubermaid bin and use a fold up little dolly to move it... 2 TRIPS. Done!