Author Topic: Alesis Strike Pro with EZ2 or SD2 trigger settings and cymbal choke help  (Read 6110 times)

Has anyone using the Alesis Strike pro Kit with any of the Toontrack software (EZ Drummer 2 and or Superior Drummer 2) and had success with the settings they provide as triggers settings? If so, how do you get the cymbals to choke correctly and not re-trigger the sound as I grab or squeeze the cymbal when trying to choke it? Ive messed with the articulation settings along with the envelope as the manual states but when I squeeze the cymbal to choke, it triggers the cymbal sounds again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I had a similar problem with the Nitro kit and couldn't figure it out. I ended up switching to AD2 and it works fine. I'm not sure if ED2 has the ability to turn on aftertouch, which may be the issue.

Re: Alesis Strike Pro with EZ2 or SD2 trigger settings and cymbal choke help
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 03:39:47 PM »
I believe Alesis supports Note Off vs Aftertouch. Not 100% correct but I still have not figured out how to properly set this so Im may be selling my kit to get back to Roland. On top of that, the snaore just stopped working on the Alesis Strike pro kit. So done with Alesis and the Customer support.

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis Strike Pro with EZ2 or SD2 trigger settings and cymbal choke help
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:26:36 AM »
I believe Alesis supports Note Off vs Aftertouch. Not 100% correct but I still have not figured out how to properly set this so Im may be selling my kit to get back to Roland. On top of that, the snaore just stopped working on the Alesis Strike pro kit. So done with Alesis and the Customer support.
Strike module is.. Note on , off , and alternate

Under Utility see if Cymbal Choke is SENT
Under Voices check the NOTE OFF options there are 3..note on,note off and alternate(on,off)
Check the gate time setting (midi note duration)

Which kit do you have selected on the module?
Are you using the User Kit on the SD card?..Alesis claims that kit was mapped exclusively for EZDrummer and Superior.(probably SD2..since SD3 wasn't released until Sept)
http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/strike-pro-triggering-superior-drummer-midi-map
NOTE:..everything in the user kit on the SD Card has note off=NOT SENT
see MIDI maps below..for comparison.It seems they chose to map the Crash for single zone

Has anyone using the Alesis Strike pro Kit with any of the Toontrack software (EZ Drummer 2 and or Superior Drummer 2) and had success with the settings they provide as triggers settings? If so, how do you get the cymbals to choke correctly and not re-trigger the sound as I grab or squeeze the cymbal when trying to choke it? Ive messed with the articulation settings along with the envelope as the manual states but when I squeeze the cymbal to choke, it triggers the cymbal sounds again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This post was Pre SD3...the envelope you used was the Volume envelope for SD2?..EZD2 and SD2 had a lot of unresolved complaints for the choke...
I see in the current screenshot you have SD3.
In SD3 have you tried the Envelope and Offset property box?

On top of that, the snaore just stopped working on the Alesis Strike pro kit. So done with Alesis and the Customer support.

Have you opened the snare to see if the failure was due to the columns collapsing as Hellfire pointed out in another thread?
http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6440.1275

MIDI maps:
STRIKE module
KICK           036,C1
SNARE        038,D1
SNARE R     040,E1
TOM1         050,D2
TOM1  R     082,A#4
TOM2         047,B1
TOM2  R     080,G#4
TOM3         043,G1
TOM3  R     075,D#4
TOM4         041,F1
TOM4  R     073,C#4
HH BOW    008,G#-2
HH EDGE    007,G-2
HH FOOT    022,A#-1
CRASH1 BOW  048,C2
CRASH1 EDGE 049,C#2
CRASH2 BOW  060,C3
CRASH2 EDGE 057,A2
CRASH3 BOW  028,E0
CRASH3 EDGE 055,G2
RIDE1  BELL    053,F2
RIDE1  BOW   051,D#2
RIDE1  EDGE  059,B2

USER KIT SD Card (EZ Drummer,Superior Drummer mapping)
KICK           036,C1
SNARE        038,D1
SNARE R     040,E1
TOM1         048,C2
TOM1  R     082,A#4
TOM2         047,B1
TOM2  R     080,G#4
TOM3         043,G1
TOM3  R     075,D#4
TOM4         041,F1
TOM4  R     073,C#4
HH BOW    019,G-1
HH EDGE    018,F#-1
HH FOOT    021,A-1
CRASH1 BOW  052,E-2
CRASH1 EDGE 052,E-2
CRASH2 BOW  049,C#2
CRASH2 EDGE 049,C#2
CRASH3 BOW  055,G2
CRASH3 EDGE 055,G2
RIDE1  BELL    053,F2
RIDE1  BOW    051,D#2
RIDE1  EDGE   059,B2

EDIT:
I loaded the user kit on the SD card...set the E-drum map to standard in SD3..everything lined up.
Changed note off to SENT...as it was set to NOT SENT on all
I don't have the Strike Cymbals/Toms etc..only the Strike module and the Strike Hi hat.. so I used a Surge cymbal 16" ride w/choke..in the Ride1 input
when I choked ..the midi monitor shows midi note 26 is sent (hi hat open in the keymap for the kit I had loaded)..as a work around I opened the Midi mapping keys.. then dragged 26 to 106 ride1 mute hit.
you'll have to mess around with the velocity/volume settings to match.

When I used the Crash 1 input ..the midi note sent for the choke was 34.
I don't know how the Strike module determines the note sent for the choke.

There's nothing in the module to edit cymbal choke settings...it's basically on or off
Same with mute groups....there is off,and groups 1-9.
No information on how to access/edit or if/what voices are currently in these groups.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:08:44 PM by Chaser »