Author Topic: Recording a dm5?  (Read 1527 times)

Recording a dm5?
« on: April 24, 2017, 03:04:38 AM »
Hi, hopefully someone can advise me, i am not a tech head so forgive my lack of understanding this ekits still very new to me. My band tried to record from my dm5 yesterday, i had a midi to midi into a controller attached to a laptop. No matter what we tried we could not get the kit and controller to speak to each other? The other more obvious way, and i assume easy way, is to get a direct midi to USB straight into the laptop? If this latter option is the easiest then is there a recommeded cable as i see alesis do one?
The software being used was ezdrummer and ableton, i know nothing about either, but our bassist does.
Thanks for your help.

Re: Recording a dm5?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 12:05:53 PM »
I have DM10 with Garageband and AD2 and i do straight usb. no specific cable. once you plug in the computer recognizes it. but there should be a settings menu that asks which i/o you want to use, mine says "aggregate" and in the software it needs to recognize the drum midi in relation to the computer midi note. again I'm in a different program but straight usb gave me no problems.