Author Topic: Strike Pro Mod  (Read 1517 times)

Strike Pro Mod
« on: October 14, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and just been going through the post. I found a post by gr82bagn Where he is knocking out a couple of laid back numbers which I must say were splended. However, my question is Does anyone know how he mounted his ride in the centre of the rack? Is there a clamp available or is it a case of an aditional stand?

Offline Iggford

Re: Strike Pro Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:47 PM »
I'm not sure how he's got his, I can't tell if the ride's on a separate arm or if it's just set really low and to the middle on that right leg mount. 

At any rate, I've got my ride and my splash on separate arms.  For the ride, I'm using a clamp from my old Roland TD-6 kit and an extra arm from my Alesis DM10 kit.  My splash is on another spare arm from the DM10 and a spare Strike clamp that I picked up from someone on Facebook. 

I can't use the leg mount on that side because of where my 4th rack tom is placed, so I had to get creative.  I have a stand, but I use it to mount the GoPro for gigs, and I really wanted to try to keep everything confined to the rack at the moment.

I've posted some pics below.

--
Shawn

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 11:58:56 AM »
Thanks for the info. I like the idea of the dm10 clamp. Ive seen a couple of them on ebay. I just might give that one a try.

Offline Iggford

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 12:21:35 PM »
No problem at all!

They work really well.  Even the Roland ones do, but a lot (if not all) of the Roland rack tubes are a bit larger in diameter.  I was able to get the Roland clamp to work by wrapping a velcro cable tie a couple of times around the clamp so it's a tighter fit.  Sits in place just as well as the Alesis ones!

--
Shawn