Author Topic: Sr-16 midi track mapping to Addictive drums 1  (Read 1285 times)

Sr-16 midi track mapping to Addictive drums 1
« on: March 23, 2021, 06:46:15 PM »
I was able to make this work before by using the keyboard mapping utility in Addictive crums, but it is not working for me now.

I am using Protools 10 on Windows 7. The DM10 map works pretty, as does General midi, but there are some sounds that are just wrong.

Has anyone does this regularly and know how to remap ADD 1 for SR-16 MIDI tracks?

Offline Chaser

Re: Sr-16 midi track mapping to Addictive drums 1
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 09:24:10 PM »
I was able to make this work before by using the keyboard mapping utility in Addictive crums, but it is not working for me now.

I am using Protools 10 on Windows 7. The DM10 map works pretty, as does General midi, but there are some sounds that are just wrong.

Has anyone does this regularly and know how to remap ADD 1 for SR-16 MIDI tracks?

I presume you are using Addictive Drums v1.5...

I have attached a "clean" MIDI Map...only the SR-16 STD Mapping with the Percussion/claps mapped to Xtra..not an instrument/voice.

PERCUSSION 1 -  XTRA A
PERCUSSION 2 -  XTRA B
CLAPS  - XTRA C

You'll need to go into the map window and finish assigning whatever you want..the Hi Hat has multiple assignments/choices also
Click on the note/assignment in the piano roll and scroll through the instrument/voice window in the middle column.
Don't forget to SAVE..

Place the Map in Documents > Addictive Drums > User Maps

The standard mapping for the SR-16 (attached)
Kick -36
Snare - 38
Cls Hat - 42
Open Hat - 46
Claps - 39
Perc 2 - 67
Tom 1 - 48
Tom 2 - 45
Tom 3 - 41
Ride - 51
Crash - 49
Perc 1 - 65

SR-16 REFERENCE MANUAL pg 44

Technically if you put the SR-16 into MULTI-DRUMSET MODE you can construct one Large MIDI Map for ALL the kits and control them externally.(attached)

SR-16 REFERENCE MANUAL  pg 48

EDIT:
Fixed Bad Link
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 12:00:45 AM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 11:13:24 PM »
Thank you!!!  I forgot I had posted this here until I just googled the topic again. My original midi track had 4 toms and I don't recall using any percussion, but I might have. I did understand how to map it and did it several years ago, but I could not remember.

Is there a particular drum set that you think sounds best? I am really having a hard time getting the hi-hat to close. It sounds really good on the Alesis, but the midi track I recorded shows a lot of hits with both open and closed hat on the same beat. I also have crashes L / R
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 11:25:07 PM by MotterPaul »

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 11:32:52 PM »
Sorry - I need a clarification. I did this back in 2005. I saw that I had some pads mapped to different piano roll keys. But I lost the song on the SR-16 so I don't know if I can re-create the original midi track on the SR-16.  But I do have the original midi recorded. I have been trying to map my piano roll midi (as recorded from the SR-16) in ADD Drums 1.5.  Is this possible, is it what you are recommending, or do you only recommend mapping notes on the SR-16.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 11:59:34 PM »
Sorry - I need a clarification. I did this back in 2005. I saw that I had some pads mapped to different piano roll keys. But I lost the song on the SR-16 so I don't know if I can re-create the original midi track on the SR-16.  But I do have the original midi recorded. I have been trying to map my piano roll midi (as recorded from the SR-16) in ADD Drums 1.5.  Is this possible, is it what you are recommending, or do you only recommend mapping notes on the SR-16.

The AD 2 map I created/attached is for the SR-16..Normal Mode.. with default MIDI settings
I recommend building key maps on the software if possible.If you remap the module and ever have a problem and have to factory reset you have to remap it every time..The Large MIDI Map I was talking about for Multi is if you use an outside source to control the module,you can control all the kits with one map..