Author Topic: Freewheelers bass player going drums  (Read 758 times)

Freewheelers bass player going drums
« on: May 27, 2023, 02:00:27 PM »
hi everybody!
Starting on guitar (Jimi-fan) I switched over to bass to get gigs. I bought an acoustic drum kit around 2003, and took lessons. Then my band got busy and I had to sell my kit and extra instruments to finance the tour. That stopped with covid. Many bars we played had closed. Our agents on both sides of the ocean stopped. Our drummer moved far away.
So I decided to pick up drumming again. Since I now live in a boat in NorCal, I had to choose electric drums, and a buddy helped me with his old DM6.

Unfortunately, the kick (bass) drum doesn't work. The trigger is broken. I tried to contact Alesis but they only deal with dealers (if this won't change I'll not buy Alesis again).
Is there anyone who can help? Are these tiny trigger modules for sale somewhere? Or does anyone have an extra?

Regards,
Bas Bass
thefreewheelers.nl

Offline Chaser

Re: Freewheelers bass player going drums
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 10:01:20 PM »
hi everybody!
Starting on guitar (Jimi-fan) I switched over to bass to get gigs. I bought an acoustic drum kit around 2003, and took lessons. Then my band got busy and I had to sell my kit and extra instruments to finance the tour. That stopped with covid. Many bars we played had closed. Our agents on both sides of the ocean stopped. Our drummer moved far away.
So I decided to pick up drumming again. Since I now live in a boat in NorCal, I had to choose electric drums, and a buddy helped me with his old DM6.

Unfortunately, the kick (bass) drum doesn't work. The trigger is broken. I tried to contact Alesis but they only deal with dealers (if this won't change I'll not buy Alesis again).
Is there anyone who can help? Are these tiny trigger modules for sale somewhere? Or does anyone have an extra?

Regards,
Bas Bass
thefreewheelers.nl

Welcome to the Forum !!

The Original DM6 was discontinued years and years ago..then resurrected as the DM6 NITRO...then the BURST Kit a couple years or so ago..then discontinued..most of the information has been removed including from the Legacy Data Base..
The Original DM6 is very limited as far as sounds (108) and used multiple Harnesses for expansion instead of Firmware limitations..there are multiple posts in the Search (Upper Left).
Depending on the Kit you have..there are different Kick Pads..

The DM6 USB Kit and USB Express Kit used a Tower...the Session Kit used the Stealth Kick..

The Kick Pad Tower is/was the Alesis ...Alesis 102140027-A... DMPAD Bass Drum Pad Assembly
Version 2 was released later..
The DMPad Kick is still sold on most web stores but is priced kind of high for what it is..
It is usually the Piezo that (probably 27mm) went bad or wires vibrated /broke off...if it's a wire then you can re-solder.
These Piezos are available everywhere and a pack of them is a few dollars...
If it's not the Piezo as I see mentioning of Super Glue etc in your other post..basically anything with a Piezo will work..Simmons has a cheap Kick Tower....SIMMONS KP1

The original DM6 has a switch on the back to change kick types from Pad to Switch so you can use either a Piezo Tower or also use a pedal (open/close) like the Hi Hat.

Re: Freewheelers bass player going drums
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 08:01:23 PM »
Thanks for your help! I?ll be able to solve my issues now.