Author Topic: Hi, How Are You?  (Read 718 times)

Offline elliot.h.w.b.

Hi, How Are You?
« on: May 22, 2023, 01:50:48 PM »
Hello everyone!

My name is Elliot, and I started drumming in middle school around 2004. I was lucky to be able to purchase my grandfather's vintage Slingerland kit from him, and played it non-stop. However, when I started college about 4 hours away, it stayed at my parent's house. I focused all of my musical attention on more portable instruments like guitar and vocals. I haven't honestly considered myself a drummer since 2011 or so.

I'd been eyeballing the nitro mesh kit for years, and when a friend's band needed a drummer, I saw it as an excuse and an opportunity to pull the trigger. I found one online, and we just had our first rehearsal yesterday. There are not words to describe how good it felt to drum alongside other musicians, and the Alesis kit made that possible.

I can tell that there are a lot of knowledgeable people in this forum, and a wealth of information in the existing posts. I look forward to learning more about the platform, techniques, and modifications that y'all post about.

In addition to music, I am an English teacher, and the owner of a *very* small leather goods business. I plan on making myself a leather sheath to slide my drumsticks into when not in use, and attaching it to the support bar. I'll post an picture on here when it's done, as well as instructions on how to make it. If you'd be interested in buying one, just let me know! I'm sure there are quite a few drum-related leather accessories to discover as I continue to play!

Anyway, I'm happy to be here.

Elliot
Need any custom made leather goods? Let me know!