Author Topic: DM5 Hi Hat pedal  (Read 743 times)

DM5 Hi Hat pedal
« on: May 30, 2022, 10:10:09 AM »
Hi
I have just purchased an old DM5 kit all works fine apart from the Hi Hat pedal is it possible to purchase a replacement Sensor Pad and PCB?
I am in the UK
Thanks in advance
Paul

Offline Chaser

Re: DM5 Hi Hat pedal
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 05:13:33 PM »
Hi
I have just purchased an old DM5 kit all works fine apart from the Hi Hat pedal is it possible to purchase a replacement Sensor Pad and PCB?
I am in the UK
Thanks in advance
Paul

Welcome to the Forum !

The DM5 uses a Open/Closed switch type Hi Hat pedal..
There were different versions in the early years depending on which kit..Original DM5 (rubber pads)..or DM5 Pro (RealHead) ..and eventually ending up with the DMHat...which is also the Millenium Pedal in Europe and cheaper than trying to find/purchase original/old parts/pieces.
I am not familiar with the old pad/switch you posted as the later pedals had a tab that was switched during pedal travel , tho the rest of it looks like the Millenium polarity switch (only pedal I know of with polarity switch).
The Millenium pedal has a slide switch for reversing polarity so it is compatible with a number of Manufacturers.The body for the Millenium pedal also changed from plastic (like the DM Hat) to metal style (like the RealHat)
The Flame top pedal actually came with a few kits before Alesis had a "Private Label" version..
One thing to note is make sure the Foot switch input is set to Hi Hat mode in the DM5 module.

EDIT:
Added Links

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 05:16:15 PM by Chaser »

Re: DM5 Hi Hat pedal
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 03:27:11 PM »
Hi Chaser
Thanks for the detailed imformation!
I finally got it working after removing the ribbon cable and re inseting it ;D