Author Topic: Setup the Strike pro SE to be ergonomic  (Read 777 times)

Setup the Strike pro SE to be ergonomic
« on: April 03, 2022, 11:40:07 AM »
 :) Hi everyone, It will be almost a years a got my Strike pro SE kit and I would like to know wich stand is the best and strong enought to hold the the tom and the floor tom. Why I ask this ? Is because I can't setup correctly my drum kit with the rack to be ergonomic to play, because my place, where i was able to setup my kit is pretty hard to setup correctly. I hope you will understand my question.
thanks  ;)

Offline Chaser

Re: Setup the Strike pro SE to be ergonomic
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 01:30:46 PM »
:) Hi everyone, It will be almost a years a got my Strike pro SE kit and I would like to know wich stand is the best and strong enought to hold the the tom and the floor tom. Why I ask this ? Is because I can't setup correctly my drum kit with the rack to be ergonomic to play, because my place, where i was able to setup my kit is pretty hard to setup correctly. I hope you will understand my question.
thanks  ;)

"A picture is worth a thousand words"..
Post a picture of the issue you are having..
The STRIKE Pro SE has larger Kit pieces and footprint (14" tom/14"snare/20" Kick) than most E-Kits and the cymbals are mounted on the Crossbars not the uprights so going to "stands" may actually increase the footprint if you are in a tight space.
If you are having problems with the Triggers/Pads falling or the rack being to "Rickety" upgrade to Gibraltar Clamps.

EDIT:
Attached example of Upgraded Alesis (Current Clamp Style) rack with pivots
I have always considered/referred to a majority of E-Drum racks as "Rickety Racks" , also the uprights are backwards as taller uprights in the back allow you to mount phones/iPads/tablets etc and have 4 corner cymbals..and T-Legs..even small ones.. work wonders for stability without sacrificing space.

Also note..if upgrading to Gibraltar clamps for the rack..you will lose 3-1/2" total on a crossbar (1-3/4" per crossbar side) as Gibraltar Clamps over the tubing..while E-Kits usually use a T-Clamp style and the tubing is to the inside of the uprights.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 02:16:34 PM by Chaser »