Author Topic: Set-up and strapping down cables  (Read 498 times)

Offline stylazyn

Set-up and strapping down cables
« on: January 10, 2022, 01:36:25 PM »
Hi,

I purchased some shorter cables from triggers to the module and use Velcro straps to keep the cables close to the rack. However the cables going up to the cymbals are not as tidy. I am looking for ideas to bring the cables close to the pipes. I contemplated using the Velcro strips there as well but since I am use the kit to gig, I thought there may be another idea to keep the appearance clean.

Per a gigging post I made a bit back, what I have decided to do for moving equipment was to remove the drum pads, cymbals, and module from the rack, but keep the cables strapped to it. I am going to layer foam in a travel bin to separate the pads and minimize them hitting each other. Hopefully I get lucky and find find a soft case for the Strike brain.

Offline Chaser

Re: Set-up and strapping down cables
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 01:56:01 PM »
Hi,

I purchased some shorter cables from triggers to the module and use Velcro straps to keep the cables close to the rack. However the cables going up to the cymbals are not as tidy. I am looking for ideas to bring the cables close to the pipes. I contemplated using the Velcro strips there as well but since I am use the kit to gig, I thought there may be another idea to keep the appearance clean.

Per a gigging post I made a bit back, what I have decided to do for moving equipment was to remove the drum pads, cymbals, and module from the rack, but keep the cables strapped to it. I am going to layer foam in a travel bin to separate the pads and minimize them hitting each other. Hopefully I get lucky and find find a soft case for the Strike brain.

Velcro works great...you can also use microphone cable clips..
Figure out what size as there are at least 3..some are Multi-sized packs..

Offline AlanK

Re: Set-up and strapping down cables
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 08:35:13 PM »
I wonder if this would work! Get a a bundle of magnetic strip (like they use in fridge doors), cut it into thin sections around the length of the post that the cymbals are on.. glue one side to the cables (set in place and find the area that would be against the post).. once the glue's set the magnetic strip to the cable would it cling to the post? (you'd want to cut the strips thin enough so they're barely noticeable but enough to grab the post metal.. but the magnetic strip likely isn't strong enough to keep the cable against the post but may be something to try
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers