Author Topic: Replacement nitro hi-hat pedal  (Read 2418 times)

Replacement nitro hi-hat pedal
« on: May 16, 2020, 02:17:27 PM »
Hello guys, first post here from UK.
My hi hat pedal for nitro mesh kit has stopped working. Have been looking for a replacement, but it seems to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, I can’t find a single one in the uk. Could anyone advise where I might purchase one, preferably that will deliver to uk within a week. Failing that, which replacement pedals from Yamaha/Roland/someone else will work? Please assist me in my frustration, I just want to play my drums!

Offline Chaser

Re: Replacement nitro hi-hat pedal
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 09:44:15 PM »
Hello guys, first post here from UK.
My hi hat pedal for nitro mesh kit has stopped working. Have been looking for a replacement, but it seems to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, I can’t find a single one in the uk. Could anyone advise where I might purchase one, preferably that will deliver to uk within a week. Failing that, which replacement pedals from Yamaha/Roland/someone else will work? Please assist me in my frustration, I just want to play my drums!

The Hi Hat pedal was usually an open/closed "DMHat" Pedal...there were 3.. possibly 4 models over the years...

The last 2 versions have an oval pedal...with V2 having an 1/8" jack.
I don't know if you could use the earlier Oval version or the previous model that had a 1/4"(6.35mm) jack... with a 1/8-1/4 headphone adapter.

There a few ebay sellers offering the V2 for Nitro Mesh Kit and one ships worldwide.....
DMHat V2 eBay

There is a Retailer on ebay DrumzRus  that has sold over 140 of the V2 (DIRT CHEAP..$14.95) Listed as designed to work with the DM7X module that ships with the Nitro and Nitro Mesh kits and showed incompatibility with some modules including Alesis and listed as a "Hybrid"...a cross between a Realhat (continuous/variable) pedal and a DMHat pedal(open/closed)...I don't have any more info than that..

I show the Alesis pt# is 1021701010-A
Have you tried online support/parts dept?
Or
inMusic Europe Ltd
Unit 3, Nexus Park
Lysons Avenue
Ash Vale
Hampshire GU12 5QE
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1252 896040
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 10:23:53 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 04:14:56 PM »
Mr f,

I don’t know where you are in the UK, but I have a stash of dm10 parts if you wanted to upgrade your kit at all.

Someone else may be able to confirm that the ‘real feel’ continuous pedal will,work with the nitro module.

I’ve got  a pedal, full set of larger mesh pads and some cymbals.

Let me know if your interested

Jon

Offline Den

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 01:32:40 PM »
I would like prefer a 1/4" jack to the 1/8" jack that is on mine. Is it easy to replace the 1/8" jack with a 1/4" jack?