Author Topic: What is the cheapest route to get better drum sounds?  (Read 1577 times)

Offline stylazyn

What is the cheapest route to get better drum sounds?
« on: January 21, 2019, 12:15:18 PM »
Since drumming is essentially a hobby, and I only gig a couple times a month, it is hard for me to justify getting something like BFD3 but I would like better drum sounds on my DM10.

What options do any of you suggest? I have an older laptop I could use for the MIDI'ing.

Online AlanK

Re: What is the cheapest route to get better drum sounds?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 02:38:16 PM »
I'm broke, but a few months into having my DM10X the module sounds just weren't cutting it for me. I installed a trial version of Addictive.. I'd tried a friends' SD3 and something else he had (may have been BFD) but I really liked the look and feel of AD so I waited for one of them half off sales. I've continued to add other set packs every time there's another half off sale (frequently) so now I've got a crapload to choose from.. likley spent close to a grand now in total but it was a worthy investment, and I could have settled with the entry packages and only spent a couple hundred and still been satisfied.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »
Cool. I will give Addictive a try.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 12:20:30 PM »
GetGood Drums could be a solid option as well. I don't believe the sample library is too expensive, and the sounds are fantastic.