Author Topic: Guitar Center  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Guinness

Guitar Center
« on: January 08, 2010, 03:13:36 PM »
I thought I'd share my recent Guitar Center saga that surprising turned out very well.  While getting help at the retail store is sometimes like pulling teeth, the Online side is very helpful.  I was talking with them about my DM5 return.

Just thought I'd share...  If interested, read from the bottom up.  (Oh, I'm John.)

1/7/2010 9:31:34 PMBaker, ChrisJohn,

It's our pleasure to help. If there's anything further we can do for you at the online store, please let us know.

1/7/2010 6:04:12 PMJohn SheaI understand. thanks for the clarification.
1/7/2010 5:39:37 PMHumphries, DanJohn,

While our policy does state this at this time, retail locations should never deny this option if a customer requests it as part of our customer service policy.

1/7/2010 5:33:46 PMJohn SheaThank you.

You'll note the comment made at 1:00:49 PM on 1/4/2010: "Please do not return merchandise to Guitar Center Retail Locations."

So, I assume this is a special case. Correct?

thank you.

1/7/2010 5:06:26 PMHumphries, DanJohn,

I have informed Jose Blanco, who is the General Manager of the store location that you will be returning this kit in his store location.

Let me know if you need anything else.

1/7/2010 4:53:24 PMJohn SheaAlta Arden
Sacramento, CA

1/7/2010 4:37:23 PMHumphries, DanJohn,

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback, as it is truly appreciated to know how a customer views our business model.

We are working towards a multi-channel process for orders that will integrate our online system with our in-store system to further enhance our customers experience as you described.

Our retail locations should always accept online orders for returns, so I hope you have not been denied this option in a retail location. This is a process that we feel greatly benefits our customers when returning items, as many have a retail store location near them.

If you do have troubles returning that kit, please let me know, and I will arrange this to be set up with the General Manager of the store location, but I will also need to know what store you visited.

1/7/2010 4:11:26 PMJohn SheaOk.

First off, I have received nothing but fantastic service from Online. Compared to the Brick & Mortar store, online is far and away better at dealing with questions, pricing, willingness to servce, etc... Take that for what it is: a compliment.

Regarding the disconnect. It is unfortunately all too common for traditional brick & mortar companies to jump on the online bandwagon, yet run them as two seperate companies. You have seperate computer systems and if I'd guess, your pay practices differ as well. As a customer, it would be easier if they were not two different business units. For example, the policy of exchanges vs returns. I bought something from Online, yet cannot return it at the Brick & Mortar location. This causes frustration for me, as it is heavy. I'd rather not have to pay shipping costs to return it.

I've also experienced an exchange. This involved the person at the Brick & Mortar having to call Online to get authorization. This made what I thought would be a simple transaction take longer than expected.

Guitar Center Online, and Guitar Center Stores are the same commpany, yes? However, you're running your businesses separately. I've read many case studies on this very subject, and until a new strategy of making the two seamless, the customer will continue to struggle/sufer.

Specifically back to my Return. I'd like to return this drum set. Circa 1996 technology was not what I was expecting. I'd like to return it to the store so I can avoid (what I expect to be substantial) shipping costs.
At some point, I'll purchase either a Roland kit, or the Alesis DM10. But until then, I need to return the DM5 Kit I purchased.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

1/7/2010 3:33:53 PMHumphries, DanHi John,

If you could explain it here, that would be better, as I will have a log of this to refer back to.

1/7/2010 1:05:18 PMJohn SheaChris-

Thank you for the reply. I'd be happy to better explain "disconnected", as you're right, it's not apparent in this thread.
Would you prefer my answer here, electronically, or by phone?

1/7/2010 12:41:27 AMBaker, ChrisThanks for your reply.
Could you clarify what you mean by "disconnected"? From reading through your email thread, I can't tell what may have prompted your response. We do operate on different systems but in general I feel that we at the online store work quite well with our retail side. Whatever it may be, I sincerely apologize and I'll hope for your reply so we can work to make it right.

1/6/2010 6:32:28 PMM, ChandraThanks for your reply.
We've forwarded your request to management, they should respond shortly.

1/6/2010 5:57:02 PMJohn SheaThank you.

Please let management know of my displeasure with the fact that Guitar Center online and physical stores are so disconnected, making Returns so un-customer friendly.
1/6/2010 5:31:19 PMM, ChandraThanks for your recent inquiry.
I have sent a request for the invoice to be sent to that email. Please allow 24-48 hours to have that sent, as well as checking spam. Also, keep in mind that when returning it you would be responsible for the shipping charge.
We appreciate you choosing GuitarCenter.com
Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/
866-498-7882

Offline mazzith

Re: Guitar Center
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 11:37:13 AM »
I hate guitarcenter with a passion. They do not cut the deals they should sometimes. Yesterday I walked in to see what sales they had on double petal and some guy was buying a masters kit and was getting everything. His total was like around 3100 dollars when he asked for a update and the store wouldnt even throw the heads in for the guy for free.

I miss living close to woodwind and brasswind, they used to throw me cables / strings / picks for buying a guitar w/ case. 
Lets go Cowboys!

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 07:54:02 PM »
I'm with you, I hate 'em.  I can't stand the arrogance they pamper you with. I only go there for "can't wait" items and the White Castle that's next door ;)

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 02:40:35 AM »
GC can definately suck...   but I will say, Online treated me right.