Author Topic: Wotcher  (Read 3013 times)

Wotcher
« on: January 02, 2010, 06:31:24 AM »
All the best for 2010!

Jumped here from VDrums.com, which I've found a little to heavy on Roland (no real surprise) and hence out of my price bracket.

I've been playing a Yamaha DTXplorer for almost 4 years now and have decided the time has come for an upgrade. The DM10 seems to meet my requirements at a manageable(ish) price and I'm now eagerly awaiting delivery. It's taking a while...

One thing I'd like to know before I start (although I think I know already): can you add your own sound samples (as .wav files or whatever) to the module? Alternatively, can you trigger them using the kit via an external midi controller?  Cheers for any help.

Ed

Online Hellfire

Re: Wotcher
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:15:05 AM »
All the best for 2010!

Jumped here from VDrums.com, which I've found a little to heavy on Roland (no real surprise) and hence out of my price bracket.

I've been playing a Yamaha DTXplorer for almost 4 years now and have decided the time has come for an upgrade. The DM10 seems to meet my requirements at a manageable(ish) price and I'm now eagerly awaiting delivery. It's taking a while...

One thing I'd like to know before I start (although I think I know already): can you add your own sound samples (as .wav files or whatever) to the module? Alternatively, can you trigger them using the kit via an external midi controller?  Cheers for any help.

Ed
Hi emayall ,
Welcome to the forum.

The short answer to your question is, no. A better answer can be heard from Jim Norman (product manager of Alesis). I did an interview with him on my pod cast. Here is a link to that pod cast:

Podcast 8/20/2009 Episode!

again, welcome to the forum and I look forward to hearing about your new DM10 Pro Kit when you get it.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:18:14 AM »
My DM10 arrived yesterday - albeit  at the wrong place. My guitarist ordered it for me as he has 'contacts', but didn't think to get it delivered to my house rather than is. Still, after a quick trip to Oakington i was able to spend some jolly hours assembling the rack.

A couple of issues with the rack: I'm finding it hard to get the drum clamps tight enough. Turning them round so that the thumbscrew is on the outside helps, but given the excellent quality of the metal clamps, I think this could be better. Also, it is only possible to adjust the height of the hihat by loosening two drum keys - a little awkward. On the whole though - seems great (but a LOT heavier than the DTXplorer [maybe not a bad thing]).

Problems setting up the module too, but these come down to the usual macho error of not reading the bloody instructions! This especially applies when installing the sound update - read the included PDF - it will save a fair bit of time and scalp tearing!

Now off to put the module in the kit and actually start playing around with it.

Ed

Offline goony

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 04:44:46 AM »
let us no your thoughts and how you get on with the DM10
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »
A couple of issues with the rack: I'm finding it hard to get the drum clamps tight enough.
I touched on this in my written review of the kit over at Hellfiredrums.com.