Author Topic: Strike Module - Default Kit after Power Up?  (Read 321 times)

Strike Module - Default Kit after Power Up?
« on: May 24, 2023, 11:46:41 AM »
Just got the Strike Pro SE.  One thing I find annoying is that every time I power up it defaults to the first kit and I have to scroll to the kit I use 90% of the time.

Am I missing something?  Is there a way to have it default to another kit when I power up?  Seems like such a primitive "feature" to not support.

Offline Dartanbeck

Re: Strike Module - Default Kit after Power Up?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 11:35:36 PM »
I just got a Strike Module and, yes. It defaults to Preset Kit 1.

I still have most everything to learn about this thing, so I scrolled to my favorite, went to the Save button and made a new User Kit. Took me forever to give a custom name because I went through and zeroed out everything manually. When I was nearly done I saw the "Clear All" option! LOL

So scroll to your favorite kit, Save, then use the option to clear the name, then name it with the wonderful control wheel.

While I was at it, I went ahead and changed some instrument sounds. Then I made a new copy of that kit with e-drum sounding toms, the rest is the same as my main preset.

In the middle of my first gig with it last weekend, I started having trigger issues. Without really knowing anything yet, I managed to quickly fix the problem right in the module and save the gig. Just did a temporary switch-a-roo of what parts of the trigger were firing which instrument - just so I could get through... and it worked. Thanks Strike!
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist