Author Topic: Band logo on Strike bassdrum  (Read 853 times)

Band logo on Strike bassdrum
« on: April 23, 2023, 05:06:54 AM »
Hello all,

I?ve been searching for this, but couldn?t find anything on this:
Is it possible to have the bandname/logo printed on your bassdrum meshhead?
Had anyone experience with adding a regular bassdrumhead to the back of the bassdrum? Because it looks a lot easier to print a regular bassdrumhead :-)

Greetz,
Cas
Alesis Strike Pro SE, 2x expansion (tom/2 cymbals), 2nd Strike Module, Alesis Strike Multipad, Behringer eurorack 1804x, Antd Redfire 10

Offline Chaser

Re: Band logo on Strike bassdrum
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 11:24:42 AM »
Hello all,

I?ve been searching for this, but couldn?t find anything on this:
Is it possible to have the bandname/logo printed on your bassdrum meshhead?
Had anyone experience with adding a regular bassdrumhead to the back of the bassdrum? Because it looks a lot easier to print a regular bassdrumhead :-)

Greetz,
Cas

Mesh Heads have "Plies"/woven layers so the difficulty/quality probably depends on how many individual surfaces get inked/imprinted etc.
There are also numerous brands these days so an Imprinting company isn't going to carry an inventory and even if you could talk them into doing your own , there will probably be some kin of release of liability to cover them.
I have removed logos on multiply and it's difficult to get all of the ink/print off the lower layers.
You could try using similar material to a patch and stencil/cutout a logo.
I am not familiar with nor do I have the Newer White Mesh Heads so I don't know if it's a multi-ply or a thick single ply which I have seen some manufactures starting to use.Since the cost of an Alesis 20" is over $100,I would save it for backup Batter Head and use a Mylar for the Resonant Head then you can use decals or imprints.There are multiple companies doing this now including translucent so you can backlight it.Vintage Logos has been around a while and does most everything..including imprinting Speaker Cloth,which may be a similar process for mesh Heads.
If you are concerned about acoustic noise you could try a cheap one first (around $30 USD) to see how the acoustic noise (if any) would be , tho I don't believe you are moving much air but the 20" STRIKE kick looks to have a tower mounted inside so vibrations may transfer.You could also attach a layer of thin foam (craft foam..like Creatology EVA ) to the back of the resonant head to dampen it.
I have construction kicks with Mesh/batter..Mylar/Resonant..but a different trigger setup (reflection plate,basket and spider type) and foam dampened.

Re: Band logo on Strike bassdrum
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 12:15:43 PM »
Thank you Chaser!

I will look into a solution of either connecting something to the meshhead or testing with a regular drumhead.

Greetz,
Cas
Alesis Strike Pro SE, 2x expansion (tom/2 cymbals), 2nd Strike Module, Alesis Strike Multipad, Behringer eurorack 1804x, Antd Redfire 10