Author Topic: Strike pro se not for Jazz, funk. More for Rock.  (Read 910 times)

Strike pro se not for Jazz, funk. More for Rock.
« on: April 20, 2023, 03:53:49 AM »
I have checked every tutorial, video and manual contents, but still can't get a slow rising, smooth cymbal swell. I used my old Roland Cy  cymbals and they work better, but not great. I believe the cymbals rubber is not dense enough. Comfortable to hit, but useless for more sensitive hits.!

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike pro se not for Jazz, funk. More for Rock.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 09:24:34 AM »
I have checked every tutorial, video and manual contents, but still can't get a slow rising, smooth cymbal swell. I used my old Roland Cy  cymbals and they work better, but not great. I believe the cymbals rubber is not dense enough. Comfortable to hit, but useless for more sensitive hits.!

You could try raising the Overall Trigger Sensitivity....UTILITY > TRIGGER...set to High..

One thing you should Note is the Factory Kits do not have many Articulations (Samples) and ranges assigned to the Cymbals..depending on which Cymbal there are as little as 1 articulation (Sample) assigned...especially the Edge Zone.JAZZ Kits tend to require more Dynamics...You can add more Articulations (Samples) and Velocity Ranges using the STRIKE Editor..

EDIT:

I attached a Kit Preset specifically setup to play and sound like a Jazz Kit for a good starting point....you can adjust it..experiment with other instruments (Kit Pieces) etc..short mp3 Demo/performance is included
Unzip..place the .skt file in the Kit Folder on the external SD Card.
You can also create a Jazz Folder and place it in there for organization.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 11:33:14 AM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 04:05:58 AM »
That's UBER Cool of you. Thankyou. I'm performing for the next week, so am looking forward to try the file as soon as I get a gap to experiment. Will give feedback🎶🕺

Joker47

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 02:37:38 PM »
I gave up and just mic'd a 16" L80 cymbal. It's all I use I use it for, and it works great.

J