Author Topic: low volume in output for Alesis strike pro kit  (Read 904 times)

low volume in output for Alesis strike pro kit
« on: April 14, 2023, 12:03:45 PM »
hi my friend.
I have a ploblem, help me please.
My drumset  Alesis strike pro kit  have a very low volume in output (headpones and musical speakers)
What I  did to solve  the problem:
-add sensetive for pads
-change cabels\musical speakers\headpones

If turn on a music in aux  - also music sounds very silence, what is to say that the problem exactly in a drum module.
what could be the problem?

Offline Chaser

Re: low volume in output for Alesis strike pro kit
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 01:37:50 PM »
hi my friend.
I have a ploblem, help me please.
My drumset  Alesis strike pro kit  have a very low volume in output (headpones and musical speakers)
What I  did to solve  the problem:
-add sensetive for pads
-change cabels\musical speakers\headpones

If turn on a music in aux  - also music sounds very silence, what is to say that the problem exactly in a drum module.
what could be the problem?

A section of a board has gone bad ($300 USD)..this is more common than users realize...the module needs to be serviced.(Hopefully still under warranty)
A workaround is you can try to increase the Volume by Turning ON/adjusting the Compressor Output..
Check... VOICE > FX/MIDI..Make sure EQ/COMP is ON..
Then go to ...KIT FX > COMP > Increase the Output..
You'll have to do this for each Kit...

EDIT:

I forgot to mention..
If the board gets increasingly worse you'll start hearing "Digital" noises..samples fizzing out.. abrupt decay etc..especially using headphones.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 02:28:05 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 02:59:41 PM »
my module is out of warranty.
Unfortunately, in my country, Alesis no longer provides support.
I gave the module for repair, the master said that everything was fine with my module, and for deeper diagnostics, the electronic circuit of the module was needed, which Alesis does not provide.
By the way, do you happen to know where to find this circuit?

Thank you, your advice helped me a lot, the volume of the pads became higher!
Is there any settings to increase the music that I play through the aux?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 04:00:18 PM »
my module is out of warranty.
Unfortunately, in my country, Alesis no longer provides support.
I gave the module for repair, the master said that everything was fine with my module, and for deeper diagnostics, the electronic circuit of the module was needed, which Alesis does not provide.
By the way, do you happen to know where to find this circuit?

Thank you, your advice helped me a lot, the volume of the pads became higher!
Is there any settings to increase the music that I play through the aux?

There is no adjustment for the Aux in..so not much you can other than increase the input.
You can also increase the "Trigger" Sensitivity....UTILITY > TRIGGER > HIGH

Alesis (InMusic ) will never release any schematics or Repair/Service manual.
There isn't much information other than I have pictures of a couple modules I knew were sent out and returned..both had something done in the same area..
the pics are a bit blurry as everything is SMD and hard to focus...but you'll get an idea of the area. but you can see one had a solid jumper to bypass something and another looks like has a resistor or something soldered/hot glued...whether or not it applies to your is unknown.
It's in the 12 V in area..I believe some mentioned it was a Capacitor Failure caused by the Power Supply..

I have had 2 modules and 2 power supplies go bad..The Power supplies fail to supply enough and the modules lights go erratic as it tries to draw in more power and it heats up.

With the module flipped over to remove the screws lift the bottom and  Have them check the board on the left (The only Blue board).

BTW..Welcome to the Forum !!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 04:03:31 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 04:30:23 PM »

Alesis (InMusic ) will never release any schematics or Repair/Service manual.
There isn't much information other than I have pictures of a couple modules I knew were sent out and returned..both had something done in the same area..
the pics are a bit blurry as everything is SMD and hard to focus...but you'll get an idea of the area. but you can see one had a solid jumper to bypass something and another looks like has a resistor or something soldered/hot glued...whether or not it applies to your is unknown.
It's in the 12 V in area..I believe some mentioned it was a Capacitor Failure caused by the Power Supply..

I have had 2 modules and 2 power supplies go bad..The Power supplies fail to supply enough and the modules lights go erratic as it tries to draw in more power and it heats up.

With the module flipped over to remove the screws lift the bottom and  Have them check the board on the left (The only Blue board).

BTW..Welcome to the Forum !!
[/quote]

thank you 💙

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2023, 04:48:19 PM »
I was originally going to mention something the Main PCB Assembly might have gone bad , but since you have the Pro SE you should have one of the Updated boards.
There have been 3 versions of the Main PCB..which have the main Audio Functions on it..but the other board TP Assembly is the main interface(trigger inputs,audio input,audio control/volume,power distribution etc)..I honestly don't know , but you can check the version you have to see if it is one of the older modules , which I believe a large number of the initial modules had the Low Volume problem and the board has been updated twice since then....
Attached pics of original board and updated
I also included the TP Assembly Board..in case you wanted to ever order any replacement parts..
The hardest part is determining which board or if both boards have an issue as both are expensive and replacing both (including labor) exceed the price of just getting a new module.I had one module in which both boards were bad.

EDIT:
Added images
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 05:58:32 PM by Chaser »

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 12:43:37 AM »
Wow. So if I ever need to replace one of these, I can just order it and replace it myself? Or would we need to send it somewhere?
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist