Author Topic: Alesis Strike Amp 12  (Read 1164 times)

Offline DannyM

Alesis Strike Amp 12
« on: March 16, 2023, 01:52:52 PM »
Hello everyone.

I am looking for feedback on the Alesis Strike Amp 12.

If anyone has any experience with it good or bad, please share it.

I am thinking about investing in one, but want to see what others think about it, like or do not like about it.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Alesis Strike Amp 12
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 07:09:36 PM »
DannyM, I just picked up my 2nd Strike Amp 12 at a great price @ Sweetwater ($299) but it was backordered and it took literally 2.5 months to finally get it. Then it was a real PIA to get an Alesis brand cover for it, like my first one. It seems like Alesis might be getting ready to EOL the Amp 12 and come out with something newer (maybe include Bluetooth and other improvements) but I'm not 100% on that. As for the speakers, they rock! 2000 watts EACH!? Needless to say, in my music room, it does move the pictures on the wall. I originally had them on the floor and angled up at me but then I picked up a pair of stands so I could point them outward when I play for others. Overall, great quality, great sound, especially when they are only a few feet from me, I can hear everything. I run them from a mixer using 1/4" cables. If you can get one, I'd recommend it!

Offline DannyM

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 03:16:31 PM »
Fantastic !

Thanks so much for the feedback !

Joker47

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 06:23:57 PM »
DannyM, I just picked up my 2nd Strike Amp 12 at a great price @ Sweetwater ($299) but it was backordered and it took literally 2.5 months to finally get it. Then it was a real PIA to get an Alesis brand cover for it, like my first one. It seems like Alesis might be getting ready to EOL the Amp 12 and come out with something newer (maybe include Bluetooth and other improvements) but I'm not 100% on that. As for the speakers, they rock! 2000 watts EACH!? Needless to say, in my music room, it does move the pictures on the wall. I originally had them on the floor and angled up at me but then I picked up a pair of stands so I could point them outward when I play for others. Overall, great quality, great sound, especially when they are only a few feet from me, I can hear everything. I run them from a mixer using 1/4" cables. If you can get one, I'd recommend it!
Do you run to that amp straight out of your modules? Or, do you go through a mixer first?

How big is your drum room?

Thanks,
J

Offline DannyM

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 07:51:55 PM »
Hello Joker47,

I run the Strike Module straight to a Simmons SD50 amp out in my garage, but I have been thinking about getting the Strike amp and perhaps a mixer.

I figured I would get some thoughts from folks to see if they are satisfied with the amp or would it be an expensive mistake.

Thanks in advance for any info you any know.

Joker47

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 06:10:28 PM »
Hello Joker47,

I run the Strike Module straight to a Simmons SD50 amp out in my garage, but I have been thinking about getting the Strike amp and perhaps a mixer.

I figured I would get some thoughts from folks to see if they are satisfied with the amp or would it be an expensive mistake.

Thanks in advance for any info you any know.

Thanks for letting me know.

I have the 12" amp as well. I've been struggling a bit getting the same sound as in my headphones, to come out of the amp. I did try one thing, and moved my amp across the room. (My "drum room" is a spare bedroom that also doubles as my home office. So, a bit cramped. LOL) I got a bit better response doing that. It makes me wonder if the amp is simply too much for the smaller room I'm in, to really "test" it?
I'll admit, I haven't played with much after that, but I am wondering now if the mixer changes it more than I realize. I would have to try running my modules directly into my amp. But then, that would be a completely different set up than I have now.

Keep us posted on what you decide and find out. I am still curious.

J

Offline DannyM

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 02:11:19 PM »
Will do, Thanks !