Author Topic: What the heck is going on with Alesis and InMusic!  (Read 1127 times)

What the heck is going on with Alesis and InMusic!
« on: March 13, 2023, 05:42:08 PM »
I have the Crimson II SE kit, and was already looking into doing a bunch of expansions to the kit, like swap out to get the Strike Pro module, a strike ride and hi hat, and linking my Crimson module so I can expand my kit. 

However...

I have notice that the Crimson has been discontinued, and so has all the parts for all lines except for the expansion pack to the Nitro. Basically if anything broke on my kit, I would be hard pressed to buy a replacement part.

Are they planning a complete overhaul of the drums? Is InMusic going out of business?

Right now I'm actually cursing myself for not buying a Roland.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 05:44:25 PM by Locnar1975 »

Offline Chaser

Re: What the heck is going on with Alesis and InMusic!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 07:29:07 PM »
I have the Crimson II SE kit, and was already looking into doing a bunch of expansions to the kit, like swap out to get the Strike Pro module, a strike ride and hi hat, and linking my Crimson module so I can expand my kit. 

However...

I have notice that the Crimson has been discontinued, and so has all the parts for all lines except for the expansion pack to the Nitro. Basically if anything broke on my kit, I would be hard pressed to buy a replacement part.

Are they planning a complete overhaul of the drums? Is InMusic going out of business?

Right now I'm actually cursing myself for not buying a Roland.

A number of the Medeli DD650 Rebrands have reached EOL (End of Life) which is typically around 5 years.
The DD650 Rebrands have been around for almost 7 years as have the DD512 Rebrands..Nitro and Surge as the Pandemic added a couple of years.
The most popular sellers have had some new aesthetics but for the most part..the same kits.
The Original Crimson was discontinued years ago..Crimson II was discontinued and put into Legacy in the past year or so.
The Crimson,DM10 MKII Studio,Forge product pages have been completely removed.

The Crimson II SE is a Guitar Center Release and still being offered.
The NITRO SE 8,10 piece and expansion packs are also still offered at Guitar Center..

The Special Editions and "X" (Example:Command X) or expanded editions are/were typically Guitar Center Releases and are never listed on the Alesis site.
Guitar Center releases are typically RED..a Limited Editon Lightning Blue Nitro Mesh Kit was released at Christmas.
The recent (Holiday) releases of the Command Mesh SE and Surge Mesh SE suggests there may be a change in that.
Special Edition= Alesis and Limited Edition=Guitar Center..who knows , only a guess
I'll go out on a limb and suggest many that purchased are probably annoyed with InMusic by now as the kits were introduced with the "BFD Player" which has still not been released.

NAMM is scheduled for April (there was talk of June originally) , then next year back to the same schedule (Jan).

EXHIBITOR LAYOUT/FLOOR PLAN

I don't see many E-Drum Brands this year including Alesis and Roland/DWe not being listed so I guess we'll see if there is anything "New" this year as everyone is still behind because of the years lost.EF Note is supposed to have New products.Roland and Pearl extended the life of their Flagship modules (TD50X , MIMIC Pro) with major Firmware updates.
Alesis has not updated the STRIKE Module since 2019 and as of now it doesn't appear they are going to.

EDIT:
Added Links
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 10:11:23 PM by Chaser »