Author Topic: Surge pedal alternate use  (Read 1140 times)

Surge pedal alternate use
« on: February 27, 2023, 06:18:28 PM »
I have a Strike Pro SE that is connected to a DM10 that supports a few additional cymbals. Question is, can I use an old surge hi-hat pedal I have to trigger another function through my DM10 (or the strike)?
Like some other sound? If so how would I go about it?

Thanks

Joker47

Re: Surge pedal alternate use
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 06:37:27 PM »
I dunno about Surge, but I have a DM10 MKll Pro, but I run it through two Strike Pro modules.

I use the hihat pedal from the DM10 MKll Pro to trigger bells or something like that for some songs with the Strike modules, with no problems. Works great. (I have a completely different hihat set up, so it's completely clear and available on both modules. (If that makes sense.)

J

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 07:40:18 AM »
Very cool setup Joker. So how do you configure it? Do you just connect the pedal to hihat controller jack on one of the modules (the one in my DM 10 is free, I use the Strike) and then just assign a sound to the HH control in the module?

Thanks for the input.

Evan

Joker47

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 05:24:54 PM »
I set my two modules up split between cymbals and toms, for simplicity. (It sounds organized, but it's still a bit of a mess. LOL )

Then I did exactly that. I ran the pedal to the hihat input on my "cymbal module", since it was already available. (Mic'd L80 hihat instead.) Then just selected and tweaked the voice I wanted.

For ME, whatever I selected for the pedal had be a pedal instrument, if that makes sense. So like bells or "tambourine on hihat" sound. Whatever would be for a pedal. (As opposed to a cowbell. Nothing wrong with using pedal for that, just not my preference. :) )

J

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 06:46:32 PM »
Man that sounds pretty easy. Thanks a lot. Gonna give it a go