Author Topic: Addictive DM10 Drums 2 - Grand Adventure  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Dartanbeck

Re: Addictive DM10 Drums 2 - Grand Adventure
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2023, 11:34:39 PM »
The two songs in the video I made using MusicMaker. One day I'll be going into our studio and record my own stuff.

I have a wonderful bass guitar and a cheap Strat. It's incredible, however, how many instruments I can play just using my DM10X!
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

Offline Dartanbeck

Re: Addictive DM10 Drums 2 - Grand Adventure
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2023, 11:44:41 PM »
In case folks here don't know this:
Addictive Drums 2 has incredible facilities to shape the response of our triggers vs how it affects the sound that comes out.

Still using the original Alesis Hi Hat pedal, my audio/visual tech (the guy who got me to try Addictive Drums 2) had me play my hi hat and operate the pedal, asking how I wanted it to behave.
"On my acoustic kit, the top cymbal is set so low that it can never come fully open", I explained.

After a few tweaks to a curve on a graph, I was yelling to him (even though he was right there) Oh Man!!! I Love This!!!

We've been very busy - the band with plentiful gigs* and the Studio rapidly growing in size, quality and popularity. So we haven't been finding enough time to truly sit down and dial this all in. We will, though. In the meantime, the kit truly thunders!

*I wanted to explain that "Plentiful Gigs" has a lot to do with my playing "All e-drum" performances - even though our usual audience shunned it when I first started.
The thing is, no more loud freaking drums pushing air everywhere.

Giving our PA the wonderful opportunity to fully control the entire sound is true Gold!!!
Our band is now fully in-ear with no amplifiers on stage - everything going directly into the PA. For some shows we put side-wash speakers up so that when people approach the stage, they don't encounter the very eerie feeling of silence! LOL
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist