Author Topic: Record YOUR playing on Strike module  (Read 824 times)

Record YOUR playing on Strike module
« on: January 28, 2023, 01:49:05 PM »
Is it possible to record my own drumming right on my Strike module?  I won't want to record samples from an external device like my phone or something, but if I've made a cool groove or something I'd like to just record it onto the module.  But the little bit of investigating on Youtube and in the manual i've done, seems it's all about recording external samples and making loops outa them. I don't want that.  Hopefully its possible, I've shaken my head in disappointment more time at this strike module than I care to remember.

Re: Record YOUR playing on Strike module
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 03:12:58 PM »
Is it possible to record my own drumming right on my Strike module?
No.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 03:31:46 PM »
Yea I didn't think so.  ::)  You'd think a simple feature that even on their nitro modules would be on their flagship module but....  I guess they expect you to pay for recording software.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 05:30:32 PM »
Is it possible to record my own drumming right on my Strike module?  I won't want to record samples from an external device like my phone or something, but if I've made a cool groove or something I'd like to just record it onto the module.  But the little bit of investigating on Youtube and in the manual i've done, seems it's all about recording external samples and making loops outa them. I don't want that.  Hopefully its possible, I've shaken my head in disappointment more time at this strike module than I care to remember.

Yes you can record your performance...
The recording feature in the STRIKE Module is basically a Stereo Player/Recorder/Sampler.You can record in Stereo..Mono Left..Mono Right and Mono Summed.
The module records/streams to and from the SD Card..length/size limitations is based on SD Card size...There is no file size limit.
A 32GB card will give you roughly 6+ hours of Stereo recording time.12+ hours in Mono.. as soon as you hit record you'll see how much Recording Time is available.
The module saves as...Full Sample..Trimmed sample or instrument.
If you want to record your performance with just the module set it to INTERNAL..if you want to record along with audio/song etc set to AUX + INTERNAL.
ALL recorded audio (EXCEPT INSTRUMENT) is stored as a wav file in the Loops Folder on the External SD Card.
Instrument recordings are stored in the SAMPLES Folder and the Instrument file (.sin) is placed in the INSTRUMENT Folder under the category of choice when you saved it.
If you want to organize the Loops folder , you can add sub folders such as Song, Fills etc etc.
The module will read/display the entire contents of the Loops Folder including all the sub folders but will not show or maneuver through the folder hierarchy nor can you select a specific folder to Save to.
If you want to save your recording to the SAMPLES Folder ..save as an Instrument..then delete the Instrument File (.sin)
Keep in mind the Module cannot read samples in the SAMPLE Folder for playback.The Instrument File (.sin) is what is read to locate the sample.
Wav files are much higher quality than MP3..if you want MP3 use converter software and convert the wav..

EDIT:
Updated info
Added link to STRIKE Module User Guide v1.5
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 11:52:50 AM by Chaser »

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 04:19:59 PM »
It's remarkable how much info is in the manual if you read it, right Chaser?   ;)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers