Author Topic: Strike preset kits bass drum volume  (Read 706 times)

Strike preset kits bass drum volume
« on: December 18, 2022, 06:35:18 PM »
Is it just me or do soooo many, way too many, bass drums on the Strike preset kits just have next to no volume?  I have the module going into a yamaha mixer and then into a Strike 8 amp, and the bass drum fader is all the way up, and still I was barely able to hear the bass drum on most of the first 30 kits I scrolled though.  I don't specifically have a Strike bass drum, instead I have two DM10 bass drums but that shouldn't matter given that when I switch to a user kit were I've edited the bass drum its immediately too loud (which is fine cause the fader is still all the way up).  I'm really starting to think the Strike is definitely NOT alesis' best module despite being the most expensive and their flagship product for drum modules.  ughhhh...  Don't even get me started on how many of the 136 preset kits are just garbage.

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike preset kits bass drum volume
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 09:36:47 PM »
Is it just me or do soooo many, way too many, bass drums on the Strike preset kits just have next to no volume?  I have the module going into a yamaha mixer and then into a Strike 8 amp, and the bass drum fader is all the way up, and still I was barely able to hear the bass drum on most of the first 30 kits I scrolled though.  I don't specifically have a Strike bass drum, instead I have two DM10 bass drums but that shouldn't matter given that when I switch to a user kit were I've edited the bass drum its immediately too loud (which is fine cause the fader is still all the way up).  I'm really starting to think the Strike is definitely NOT alesis' best module despite being the most expensive and their flagship product for drum modules.  ughhhh...  Don't even get me started on how many of the 136 preset kits are just garbage.

The STRIKE Module like many others..out of the box have generic/neutral settings.Even Roland High end modules.
Everybody has different genres, plays different and expects different...

Adjust the Compressor....
Set the Live Faders at mid point..
Press.. KIT FX....COMP..increase the output...most of the kit's are set low or below 0dB as is the Threshold.
Setting the Threshold lower will make the hit snap..too low will destroy the sample..
There are different compressor presets/settings when you change most of the kits...The STRIKE Compressor affects the entire kit.
The Compressor isn't a full blown compressor with Ratio,Attack,Release,Gain,Knee etc or capable of parallel compression usage although I did send a request that feature to be added by simply allowing each layer (A+B) to be able to turn the Compressor On/Off...fell on deaf ears..

Under Voices you can turn it on/off for each instrument..Decay affects when the Compressor kicks in.

Here's an older video about how the compressor works on the module.

Alesis Strike Pro -Compression Tutorial

EDIT:
Added Video Link
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 09:50:11 PM by Chaser »