Author Topic: Electronics stands/racks  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Joker47

Electronics stands/racks
« on: April 20, 2022, 02:30:20 PM »
What are you guys doing for racks, tables or stands for your electronic accessories for your kits?

I've got a mixer, headphone amplifier, my phone and other accessories on a small, crappy metal bookshelf next to my kit and some recording crap hanging on the wall behind me. It's a bit of a mess.

What kind of racks, tables or stands do you use to keep your accessories organized and easily accessible? Laptop stands? Bookshelves? Etc??

Just looking for whatever any of you do. :-)

Thanks,
J
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou

Offline AlanK

Re: Electronics stands/racks
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 05:55:08 PM »
I started on a crappy portable tray stand kinda thing, then a laptop stand, then got a tv stand with a shelf that had loads of space (pic) but was too low and took up a lot of floor space, finally a friend gave me this awesome cabinet (pic) with a glass door and it holds everything pretty much and but the mixer is hard to get at so may come up with a new plan.. mind you I don't use the mixer often so maybe will leave it for a while. I've got a small cordless keypad thing that I mounted on my set.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Joker47

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 07:39:39 PM »
I started on a crappy portable tray stand kinda thing, then a laptop stand, then got a tv stand with a shelf that had loads of space (pic) but was too low and took up a lot of floor space, finally a friend gave me this awesome cabinet (pic) with a glass door and it holds everything pretty much and but the mixer is hard to get at so may come up with a new plan.. mind you I don't use the mixer often so maybe will leave it for a while. I've got a small cordless keypad thing that I mounted on my set.

I really dig that second small stand. It's narrow enough it would fit where the crappy bookshelf I have now is at. The extra shelf on top is awesome too. That's sort of what I had in my minds eye.

Thanks for the ideas...  :)
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 01:04:06 PM »
how about just build your own custom thing?  Even if you don't have a lot of tools, Home Depot or Lowes (if you are in the United States) can cut the wood to size for you from a large piece say a 4x8 sheet. just design the piece on paper or your computer and have the needed measurements available, have them cut it for you, that way all you need is to assemble it when you get home.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 02:34:45 PM »
I've had a few setups for putting my computer or laptop and/or mixer, audio interface, beer etc.. at one point I used a laptop stand, I also had a weird cymbal type stand that had a top attachment with four threaded posts..forget what it was from.. so I drilled holes in a large piece of laminated wood and bolted it on.. it fit a ton of gear.. later I used it for a midi keyboard.. I'm gonna reuse it soon with a smaller wood top, maybe 2x1ft just for things like my small mixer, cellphone and a drink :)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers