Author Topic: No Sound/Trigger in EZDrummer2  (Read 1282 times)

No Sound/Trigger in EZDrummer2
« on: March 10, 2022, 11:54:47 PM »
I have a bit of a unique problem with my Alesis Nitro. I purchased EZDrummer2, to upgrade the sounds, and with my new laptop (Razer Blade), the laptop recognizes the Alesis, as does EZDrummer2, as I have that selected as my Midi Input, but nothing happens when I strike the drums. When I plug my Alesis into my Wife's older laptop, I have no issues. It plays just fine. I've used multiple USB cables in all the ports, and the same issue is there. The laptop and software recognize the Alesis, but no Midi data is being transferred. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers to no avail. I've turned local off, switched to channel 10, etc. Tech at Sweetwater were not help, nor were the tech people at EZDrummer2. I've reset the module multiple times. For some reason, even though my laptop is recognizing the module, and the software recognizes the module, Midi Data is not being transferred. I downloaded MIDI-OX and that isn't receiving Midi Data either, even though it recognizes the Alesis. Any Ideas what to do from here?

Offline Chaser

Re: No Sound/Trigger in EZDrummer2
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 01:56:39 PM »
I have a bit of a unique problem with my Alesis Nitro. I purchased EZDrummer2, to upgrade the sounds, and with my new laptop (Razer Blade), the laptop recognizes the Alesis, as does EZDrummer2, as I have that selected as my Midi Input, but nothing happens when I strike the drums. When I plug my Alesis into my Wife's older laptop, I have no issues. It plays just fine. I've used multiple USB cables in all the ports, and the same issue is there. The laptop and software recognize the Alesis, but no Midi data is being transferred. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers to no avail. I've turned local off, switched to channel 10, etc. Tech at Sweetwater were not help, nor were the tech people at EZDrummer2. I've reset the module multiple times. For some reason, even though my laptop is recognizing the module, and the software recognizes the module, Midi Data is not being transferred. I downloaded MIDI-OX and that isn't receiving Midi Data either, even though it recognizes the Alesis. Any Ideas what to do from here?

Laptop Model? there are many Blades including a Studio version..OS?..USB 2 or 3 port?

The older laptop..OS?..USB 2 or USB 3 port working?

If the module is working (sending MIDI) on an older laptop then the Class Compliant drivers are working.If the module is recognized in Device manager on the new laptop..no conflicts/exclamations etc but no MIDI it sounds like partial driver install.
Razer had a soundcard..The Razer Barracuda AC-1 that didn't support ASIO/MIDI...but that isn't/wasn't a laptop card.

Do you have any other USB MIDI devices to test on the Razer Laptop to be sure MIDI is being received into the Laptop?
If using WIN 11 OS check under "Optional Updates" and see if there is anything in regards to MIDI.Windows has a habit of replacing drivers with generic ones.

Windows has had problems over the years with Class Compliant Drivers and USB 3 port especially with every OS change.The drivers have been known to partially install.USB 2.0 port is highly recommended.You'll see quite a few topics in this forum "Search" (upper left.)
I have had problems also over the years with Windows and USB 3.Some were solved..some were not.

Alesis products are Class Compliant and currently they are being qualified for WIN 11 OS.
ALESIS,AIR,AKAI,M-AUDIO,NUMARK..are all Brands of InMusic and currently not listed as supported in WIN 11

"We encourage all our users to remain on their current Windows OS until all necessary hardware and software products have been qualified for use with the new Windows 11 operating system."

WIN 11 has a number of new security features including TPM 2.0. and a number of manufacturers are still working on their drivers.
Sweetwater keeps a running guide/list..updated often

Windows 11 software manufacturer compatibility list