Author Topic: Hello New here.  (Read 1501 times)

Hello New here.
« on: July 28, 2021, 03:01:19 PM »
After way more years than I'd care to mention playing guitar, mostly as backing musician I finally threw myself under the buss and started singing a few years ago. Guess I got sick of dealing with other people's egos. Mine is hard enough to handle. Did open mics, busking etc etc and just got to the point of doing a Bush Fire benefit before Covid struck. Like most people I've done very little since.
Cut to yesterday and my first ever drum machine arrived in the mail. Chose the RS18 mainly for the added Bass lines enabling me to get a trio sound live ( and yes I have used one of those 'Trio' pedals in the past and while they are fun for home jamming they are pretty useless for live public playing). So far I'm pretty disinterested in any of the preset patterns and am quickly learning how to make my own. I will, no doubt, have many questions regarding both the playing in of bass lines via midi and the recording of drum patterns via midi from sources such as NI Maschine expansion pack, of which I have many.
I do have an older electronic drum set at home. Roland TD4 from memory, though these days I spend more of my time travelling Australia as a grey nomad, dodging States with Covid outbreaks and State Boarder closures.
Not sure if it's OK to post Youtube links here so I won't for the moment. Did manage to get some good video of mentioned Bush fire benefit though. Gives a pretty good idea of where I'm at and future use of the SR18 though.

Online Hellfire

Re: Hello New here.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 09:04:58 AM »
After way more years than I'd care to mention playing guitar, mostly as backing musician I finally threw myself under the buss and started singing a few years ago. Guess I got sick of dealing with other people's egos. Mine is hard enough to handle. Did open mics, busking etc etc and just got to the point of doing a Bush Fire benefit before Covid struck. Like most people I've done very little since.
Cut to yesterday and my first ever drum machine arrived in the mail. Chose the RS18 mainly for the added Bass lines enabling me to get a trio sound live ( and yes I have used one of those 'Trio' pedals in the past and while they are fun for home jamming they are pretty useless for live public playing). So far I'm pretty disinterested in any of the preset patterns and am quickly learning how to make my own. I will, no doubt, have many questions regarding both the playing in of bass lines via midi and the recording of drum patterns via midi from sources such as NI Maschine expansion pack, of which I have many.
I do have an older electronic drum set at home. Roland TD4 from memory, though these days I spend more of my time travelling Australia as a grey nomad, dodging States with Covid outbreaks and State Boarder closures.
Not sure if it's OK to post Youtube links here so I won't for the moment. Did manage to get some good video of mentioned Bush fire benefit though. Gives a pretty good idea of where I'm at and future use of the SR18 though.

Welcome aboard Steveiaz!

I have no problem with you posting Youtube links to your performances. So, post away!

HF