Author Topic: Superior 2!  (Read 3774 times)

Offline audiopat

Superior 2!
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:49:39 AM »
After a 2 month delay, I finally recieved my DVD's yesterday! SA's postal system is a bit... confused.
I started installing last night as I had stuff to do, and I have a gig tonight, so I won't get a chance to play til friday night. And I've managed to destroy my variable HH controller in the meantime! Just using a simple switch now - gonna rather make a plan with an FD8. Or does Alesis have a fully variable controller? I can't find one on their site. But I digress.   
S2 sounds amazing. Such depth and dynamics on the drums. I'm really going to enjoy exploring the program. Will keep you updated on how it works with my Trigger IO. Keep well my drumming brothers. Out.

Online Hellfire

Re: Superior 2!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 09:17:16 AM »
After a 2 month delay, I finally recieved my DVD's yesterday! SA's postal system is a bit... confused.
I started installing last night as I had stuff to do, and I have a gig tonight, so I won't get a chance to play til friday night. And I've managed to destroy my variable HH controller in the meantime! Just using a simple switch now - gonna rather make a plan with an FD8. Or does Alesis have a fully variable controller? I can't find one on their site. But I digress.   
S2 sounds amazing. Such depth and dynamics on the drums. I'm really going to enjoy exploring the program. Will keep you updated on how it works with my Trigger IO. Keep well my drumming brothers. Out.
Congrats on the new purchase! As far as the fully variable controller goes. I know Alesis makes one, but they don't sell it separately yet. The USB pro kit comes with one (stated on their website) and so does the new DM10. Until Alesis starts selling the fully variable controller separately, I guess you are stuck with getting a Roland FD-7 or FD-8. Let us know how everything goes (including the gig).

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 04:00:17 AM »
Have S2 as well as both the Metal Foundry and New York Vol 2 expansions, and love it. Still tossing up whether to get the Custom and Vintage expansion - I think at some point I'm gonna have to say I have enough drums for a guy who still drums with his mouse. That's the other plus for non-drummers like me - the addition of the clip libraries and EZPlayer Pro plugin.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:24:28 PM »
Have S2 as well as both the Metal Foundry and New York Vol 2 expansions, and love it. Still tossing up whether to get the Custom and Vintage expansion - I think at some point I'm gonna have to say I have enough drums for a guy who still drums with his mouse. That's the other plus for non-drummers like me - the addition of the clip libraries and EZPlayer Pro plugin.
If you get a chance maybe you could put together a couple mp3's to give us all and idea of what you are able to do with your new VST. ;)

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 01:39:59 AM »
If you get a chance maybe you could put together a couple mp3's to give us all and idea of what you are able to do with your new VST. ;)

There's a link in my intro thread in the Lobby with some of my stuff from  the first DFH Superior. It's pretty ridiculous over-fast death metal though. Don't really see much point in stringing together something out of the box samples here. Anyone who wants to hear those can just go to the Toontrack site. ;)

I'm in the market for an E Kit so I'm mainly lurking here to get inside track on the DM10. Failing that it's fairly likely the next option will still be the likes of Pintech/Hart Dynamics with a TriggerI/O rather than a Roland or Yamaha offering.

All that said I've got some sessions coming up with another band where I'd love to borrow a friends TD6V for a day and get our drummer to try recording using SD2 before we book a decent studio to track him acoustically. If this comes to pass happy to post the outcome.