Author Topic: Dm10 module opened yesterday, No sound at all.!!!  (Read 20253 times)

Re: Dm10 module opened yesterday, No sound at all.!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 05:46:06 PM »
Hehe... I can also send you on mail if you P.M me and if it`s ok? :)

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »
Thats fine, Ive never done that either but I know it can be done.

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 06:01:17 PM »
Now I sent two pics on you´re mail :)
Have a look and I`ll get back tomorrow morning.. 6 hours to work now :)
Good night..

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »
I'll get back to you tomorow, good night.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 11:55:06 PM »
Resize the pictures to under 600k before uploading. :)

And - do double check that your adapter outputs AC ("vekselstrøm"), as most adapters output DC ("likestrøm").

I hope the module handles both 60Hz and 50Hz, though.

See the attached picture of the power supply that came with my kit, bought from Germany.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:07:04 AM by Trondster »
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 01:27:59 AM »
Hi... hmm
Now I`m concerned I put DC in this poor thing..
I noticed something in a store I could try?
http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?id=162082081

This is a 240 VAC to 110 VAC transformer, with the us plug...
If I tried this I would be able to use the powersupply from Alesis right?

Offline Trondster

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 01:57:50 AM »
Hopefully you haven't fried it.

Yes, with a 240 to 110V transformer you should be able to use the original US power supply from Alesis.

So much for saving money by ordering from abroad, huh? ;)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2012, 02:08:45 AM »
As long as it`s DC to AC it`s hopefully not damaged...

Well, it`s actually not so much about money eventough I saved $300..with shipping!
My store here gave me a 1-3 months delivering time, and I`m not very patient.

Module cost $470, so If I have to buy a new, I`ll take it as a lesson for stupidity :)  hope it`s avoidable!

Offline Trondster

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2012, 02:24:00 AM »
With both shipping, VAT and customs fee?

Do try the original supply with a transformer, and see if that works. Hopefully, it will. :)

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2012, 03:22:02 AM »
Hi,I've looked at the pics you sent me and there is your problem!!! that is a DC power supply! If you look at the output, it shows + and – DIRECT  CURRENT.
You need one that shows the output as A.C ~ . My genuine  Alesis  power supply gives 13.6 volts out off load (not plugged into the DM10) it is labeled 9v~ out. Do not be tempted to use the 110v power supply as that will give twice the voltage out when connected to 220v and will also get very hot and be a fire hazard. you should be able to get the correct one from Alesis or look on E.bay. If you have any problems, let me know and I will contact Alesis here in the U.K for you. Best regards, Good luck, Roger
P.S yes, using the original with a 220v down to 110v transfomer will be fine, when you get it going I would reccomend you do the update again if you still have any problems. Let us know how you get on
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:35:56 AM by recklessrog »

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 03:48:39 AM »
Thanks alot guys.. and Roger :)
I`ll get in contact with you if I need the EU supply from Alesis :) Thanks :)

I`ll stop by that store and get the transformator later today after work, I don`t see any reason for human failing this time :)
I`ll keep you updated on the prognosis :)

Musical inst. are customs free here.. and the package was sendt as gift :)

Offline Trondster

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 04:07:38 AM »
Musical inst. are customs free here.. and the package was sendt as gift :)
Well - you don't have to pay custom tax ("toll") on instruments in Norway (most items are without any custom tax), but you have to pay 25% VAT ("moms") on just about anything (including instruments), the only exception I know of being books - physical books have 0 VAT in Norway. Good for you that you managed to get it through customs - even packages declared as a gift require you to pay VAT if it is worth more than NOK 1000 (~$169) - had it been stopped you would have to pay the flat customs fee, in addition to 25% vat on both the item and shipping costs..

But anyway - enough about shipping and VAT. Hope you get the module working! :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:17:10 AM by Trondster »

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 05:32:48 AM »
I hope so to!

I know about VAT in Norway... but the seller mark the shipment as "gift" without me asking for it...
It`s nice sometimes... cause I always pay VAT on everything I buy.. (normally car parts) :)

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 01:02:34 PM »
HI you guys!
Well.. I feel pretty stupid right now!
I bought the transformer and the module seems like it works perfect!
I say seems caouse I havent tried all inputs yet.. But the sweet sound of the pad I have here at home, and the sequence sounds makes me happy..

Good thing I shared it here on the forum.. or else I propably would have put it somewhere and forgotten about it :)

Now I can`t wait to take it to the studio and hook it up to the triggers and start blasting those double rolls on the bass drum...
I play alot of black metal and death metal.. so when the speed picks up, the strokes get weaker.. Problem solved :)

So, thanks alot again..

Regards
Sindre ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »
Hi, i'm happy for you now that you've got it working ok! have fun  8)

Offline Trondster

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »
Excellent! Have fun with the module! And do pop by again, to learn more about the trigger settings - you may need to adjust them to remove crosstalk. :)

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
Yeah.. I`m 100% shure I need some more help when I get to the adjustment of the triggers :)

Offline Trondster

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 08:54:41 AM »
Another thread with the same issue - trying to use a DC power supply..

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 02:12:19 PM »
yeah... what a smartass  :P
Not weird people are using AC/DC adaptors on it.. I think this is the first time I ever use AC/AC on a device..

But still.. So obvious if you just take the time to check everything... It really can`t be marked better on the original dm10 power supply..

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
Even stranger is that I have an Alto zenith zmx 122fx mixer that has an 18v AC out power supply, the input to the mixer is clearly marked 18v ac in, centre + outer -   :o  !!!!! the only thing I can think is that it has a full wave bridge rectifer inside so even if you connect dc it will power it ok. (for anyone wanting a detailed explanation, google full wave bridge rectifier and you will see how it wouldn't matter which way round you connected a dc input)

Offline Trondster

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »
It's not easy to see if you don't look for it, but the PSU is marked "AC/AC", and the power in jack on the module says "AC IN 9V/1.5A".

Of course, the problem is that we're all used to just about everything being converted to DC. :)

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2012, 05:32:31 PM »
And of course, 9v AC is the rms (root mean square) voltage, peak to peak is 1.414 times this, 12.726 volts, so once rectified and smoothed and on load they can get a nice stable 9v, 5v etc to power all the logic and various internal amplifiers, D/A converters etc.  ;)

Offline MechanEvil

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 08:10:26 AM »
Smooth! DMdrummers know DMdrums.

- Jimmy
Warrior poet, guitar vocalist bassist drummer
... and inventor of the three-legged setup

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2022, 09:36:25 PM »
Hi Guys!
Sorry to resurrect the chat, but I'm having a similar problem with my DM10 module. I tried all the tips on the Forum without success.
Since yesterday my Alesis DM10 has no sound on the main output or the headphones output.
I tried the metronome and sequences demo to see if there was something I had plugged wrong but NO.
The MIDI output is normal, with EZDrummer.
I've done the update procedures a few times, but I haven't been successful either.
My power supply is AC-AC and has a voltage between 12.8v -13~ at no load output...
Has anyone here faced this problem?
Thank you very much!

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2022, 09:39:36 PM »
Does anyone have a schematic diagram for this module?