Author Topic: Simple Question, Ordering right now and need advice...  (Read 3428 times)

Simple Question, Ordering right now and need advice...
« on: February 13, 2010, 10:26:05 PM »
Hello guys,

I'm brand new here and have a quick question. I haven't picked up the chops in over 15 years and I think I'm having a mid life crisis.. I'm in the process of putting a dent in the wallet as I type this and have a question..

I'm purchasing the DM10 Pro Kit online and I want to add an additional 8" tom, I noticed the factory toms are not available but would the old style DM5 Pro Dual Zone Drum Pad work? This is my first electronic kit and I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I click purchase on the website.

Appreciate all the help, there has been some great information available here.

Best Regards,

Pete

Offline ghostman

Re: Simple Question, Ordering right now and need advice...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 02:11:07 AM »
Doesn't the DM10 Studio kit come with one more tom?  and I think it is cheaper.. though, I think there is a supply issue with DM10's right now..

Look at the DM10 Studio before you buy the Pro and the extra tom.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 04:39:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Just can't wait till March for a set, the pro is in stock and I am just going to get that set. I know it's more money but the better hardware and rack etc. makes me able to justify it.

So back to my question will the Drum pads from the DM5 work in the mean time? Anyone???

Thanks,

Pete

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 11:51:34 AM »
yes they will gon hellfire even has a few diy mesh conversion if you feel creative there pretty much the same pad with just a differnt color mylar head youll find most all edrum pads with work on most trigger mods you might have to ajust a few settings but the nice things with the alesis you get the mounting kit with it and cable if im not mistaken and the dm10 does allow for a few more expansion pads or cymbs
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 12:03:27 PM by WOUND4SOUND »
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 12:04:28 PM »
Doesn't the DM10 Studio kit come with one more tom?  and I think it is cheaper.. though, I think there is a supply issue with DM10's right now..

Look at the DM10 Studio before you buy the Pro and the extra tom.
your correct but the pro kit comes with the surge and the studio is the rubber ones

Online Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 12:16:26 PM »
yes they will gon

WOUND4SOUND beat me to it. That's your answer, yes.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 12:19:56 PM »
yes they will gon

WOUND4SOUND beat me to it. That's your answer, yes.
lol sorry phil most of the time you beat me to it but i gotta pull my weight on here too ive been slackin

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 12:52:20 PM »
Thanks for all the help guys!

I'll be ordering the DM10 Pro kit today, I hope I don't regret being impatient and not waiting for the e-pro live set from pearl...

I'm 6'5 290lbs and feel like a monkey humping a football behind the electronic sets!

Pete