Author Topic: Drums not loading in Superior Drummer 2.0  (Read 11671 times)

Drums not loading in Superior Drummer 2.0
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
So, I just purchased Superior Drummer 2.0 yesterday. I installed all 5 discs and I did get an error afterwards that said the discs may not have installed correctly, so I did it 2 times again and got the same error each time... finally I just decided to click "the software was installed correctly"... After that I went on to the Toontrack website and downloaded all the updates off the site. I downloaded the 32 bit installer like people have been saying to do first. Then when I tried to do the SDX_Avatar_Update it gives me an error message saying "Could not find a matching sound library at C:\Program Files(x86)\Toontrack/Superior/Superior Drummer 2.0\SL-Avatar. And I just eventually ignored it, because that's where the sounds are from the original download from the discs. I now have Superior Drummer 2.0 open... and I've set the paths to go to SL-Avatar. I then went into the construct window and clicked on N.Y.- Avatar and clicked the drop down arrow on Load/Save and clicked combined preset, then clicked on Toontrack and I have it set on Avatar Natural. I then clicked the drop down arrow next to construct below N.Y. - Avatar and I clicked Default Kit. ... So now I have the drums lit up in the center screen... but when I click on them... the bottom left says "Not Loaded." And when I click the drop down arrow on any of the drums or cymbals... the only options are "Preview" and "None." I don't have any drum options and I can't assign anything. Is there something I'm not doing right? I have a client coming in to record with me tonight that needed to use a drum set... So I bought the Alesis DM10 Kit and SD2 for people who like to actually play the drums on songs. I have been using Strike prior to this and just clicking notes in with the Midi Editor. Any help would be appreciated on this matter... I am getting pretty sick of not being able to use my new software and edrums.  :(

(I am using Windows 7 on a 64-Bit operating system. And I'm running SD2 through ProTools10.)

Greg

Re: Drums not loading in Superior Drummer 2.0
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:27:05 PM »
Have you tried to contact support for Superior Drummer? I don't understand why you would get all those errors when installing.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51:26 PM »
Have you tried to contact support for Superior Drummer? I don't understand why you would get all those errors when installing.

Yes, and I haven't received a reply back, yet. And yeah, it was quite a few errors... confused me quite a bit.

Offline pbear5

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »
Have you tried installing on a different computer?  Also, are you loading everything?  I haven't installed in awhile but there are choices to install a basic set and I think a complete set without the alternate tools (mallets & rods I think?). Anyway, these are just more opportunities to run into issues so you may want to try a simplified installation while you are working it out with TOONTRACK.  If you bought the disks locally you shouldn't have a problem getting replacements because the disks have no value-it's the registration that they "sell" you.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 10:00:25 AM »
because that's where the sounds are from the original download from the discs.

Did you receive physical discs or did you had downloaded their image files from Toontracks' site and burned them on your own?? Could be that a disc download got incomplete or corrupted...

Offline vtdrummer

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
You may want to try:

1. Re-running the install as "administrator" from the install CD.

2. After the install, right-click on the icon running SD (unless it's not 'run' separately), and try changing the compatibility mode.
DM10 Studio 2011 w/Surge Cymbals added, BB Mesh head conversion w/rubber muffs at bottom, one 12" A-E pad, Simmons DA200S, sometimes using 2 satellite speakers... Simmons SDMP-1 Multi-pad.
See my DIY 12" Acoustic to E-Drum project post here: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1227

Offline MechanEvil

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »
I've seen this issue on my computer before. It's nothing to worry about. You need to check which install paths you're using, that's all. The software has installed correctly, Windows always gives that message because the Superior Drummer installer is a bit weird.

- Reggae Mangle
Warrior poet, guitar vocalist bassist drummer
... and inventor of the three-legged setup