Author Topic: spliting the out puts???? DM10  (Read 7703 times)

Re: spliting the out puts???? DM10
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 02:57:21 AM »
Thanks Zenn, I'm sure a lot of guys need that info. For me, we're way ahead of that. We had the gains on the Yammie O1v turned clear off and the DM10 was peaking all over the place. Turned the kit volumes down and re-adjusted the instrument volumes as stated above and it all worked beautifully. Although I readily agree with all you said about the sensitivity (and I am slowly tweaking those setting to match my style and demand) it was the excessive volumes on the kits from the factory doing it. I also agree, and this should be a warning to y'all out there, if you turn your kit(s) that you use down (I use 5) you need to go in and turn all of them down. If you don't you could blow an ear drum or speaker.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 03:01:51 AM »
Hey Zenn, I just re-read my previous post and see that I mis-spoke. It was the instrument volumes I was adjusting not the sensitivity. Sorry for the mix up.-dave

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 09:48:56 AM »
Cool Dave. 

That 01V is a pretty cool unit!

What about just turning down the DM10's master volume?

Jer
Taye GoKit with Pintech trigger conversions, Hart mesh heads, Zildjian Gen16 AE cymbals, Pintech Nimrods, and various and ever-changing accessories

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 02:07:34 AM »
the master volume was nearly off. yep, we love the O1v, we are a pretty high tech band and the O1v is a big part of our overall sound. It allows us to drop into any situation and give the FOH a stereo line that is premixed with our total sound. We also have a patch to an iPad so that the guitar player can go out front while we are doing a song and balance the O1v remotely by wireless. Speaking of cool gear, our latest toy is a LV2 vocal harmonizer/processor. Have you seen it? It's off the chain!

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »
We also have a patch to an iPad so that the guitar player can go out front while we are doing a song and balance the O1v remotely by wireless.

THAT is awesome dude!  I gotta get me one of them iPads!  Can I borrow some cash?  Buddy?  Pal?  Hombre?  ;)

Jer
Taye GoKit with Pintech trigger conversions, Hart mesh heads, Zildjian Gen16 AE cymbals, Pintech Nimrods, and various and ever-changing accessories

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 03:08:42 AM »
gunna pay it back second tuesday next week .....right?

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 11:25:17 AM »
Absolutely dude.  In fact, I can pay you on ANY day that  doesn't end in "Y"...

Jer